[ ]      [ ]   [ ]

What makes you smile? - Coaxial - Jun 30, 2016 - 6:50am
 
Funny Videos - Proclivities - Jun 30, 2016 - 6:48am
 
Yet another quiz - lily34 - Jun 30, 2016 - 6:43am
 
Public Messages in a Private Forum - JrzyTmata - Jun 30, 2016 - 6:43am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Jun 30, 2016 - 6:26am
 
Home repair, maintenance, and other headaches - ditty - Jun 30, 2016 - 6:23am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - lily34 - Jun 30, 2016 - 6:11am
 
Regarding cats - sirdroseph - Jun 30, 2016 - 6:00am
 
Happy Birthday! - lily34 - Jun 30, 2016 - 5:49am
 
OUR CATS!! - lily34 - Jun 30, 2016 - 5:48am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - meower - Jun 30, 2016 - 4:54am
 
Celebrity Deaths - meower - Jun 30, 2016 - 4:42am
 
Unindicted felon: candidate Hillary Clinton - sirdroseph - Jun 30, 2016 - 2:17am
 
Guns - sirdroseph - Jun 30, 2016 - 2:04am
 
RightWingNutZ - sirdroseph - Jun 30, 2016 - 1:56am
 
You know your house needs to be cleaned when... - kcar - Jun 29, 2016 - 11:21pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Alexandra - Jun 29, 2016 - 10:15pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - R_P - Jun 29, 2016 - 8:42pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - Manbird - Jun 29, 2016 - 7:10pm
 
RP3 Beta Player - GawgaBoy - Jun 29, 2016 - 6:46pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - Alexandra - Jun 29, 2016 - 4:24pm
 
World Music - rhahl - Jun 29, 2016 - 4:11pm
 
The war on Funk is over! - rhahl - Jun 29, 2016 - 3:55pm
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 29, 2016 - 3:33pm
 
Back to the 70's - R_P - Jun 29, 2016 - 3:20pm
 
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year - porphyrius - Jun 29, 2016 - 1:45pm
 
Oh GOD, they're GAY! - R_P - Jun 29, 2016 - 1:36pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 29, 2016 - 12:48pm
 
What Makes You Laugh? - lily34 - Jun 29, 2016 - 12:15pm
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - Red_Dragon - Jun 29, 2016 - 9:41am
 
Back to the 60's - R_P - Jun 29, 2016 - 9:00am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ... - lily34 - Jun 29, 2016 - 8:57am
 
Unusual News - Proclivities - Jun 29, 2016 - 8:49am
 
Back to the 90's - R_P - Jun 29, 2016 - 8:20am
 
Acoustic Guitar - rhahl - Jun 29, 2016 - 7:49am
 
Name My Band - buddy - Jun 29, 2016 - 7:10am
 
Earworm - Sean-E-Sean - Jun 29, 2016 - 6:44am
 
Things that make you go Hmmmm..... - Red_Dragon - Jun 29, 2016 - 6:36am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jun 29, 2016 - 6:17am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - rhahl - Jun 29, 2016 - 5:34am
 
Trump - kcar - Jun 28, 2016 - 10:28pm
 
NETFLIX - kcar - Jun 28, 2016 - 10:26pm
 
Chicago 25 Or 6 To 4 - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 28, 2016 - 10:00pm
 
Next life I'm going to be a black girl backup singer. - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 28, 2016 - 9:47pm
 
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore - rhahl - Jun 28, 2016 - 8:56pm
 
Windows 10 - FourFortyEight - Jun 28, 2016 - 7:36pm
 
Questions. - Antigone - Jun 28, 2016 - 5:57pm
 
Be Vewwwy Qwwiet, I'm Hunting Wabbit! - haresfur - Jun 28, 2016 - 5:33pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - haresfur - Jun 28, 2016 - 5:08pm
 
Gay Marriage v. Civil Unions: an Intelligent Discussion - haresfur - Jun 28, 2016 - 4:59pm
 
DARWIN AWARDS! - POST YOUR NOMINATION! - Red_Dragon - Jun 28, 2016 - 4:57pm
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - haresfur - Jun 28, 2016 - 4:33pm
 
Breaking News - Red_Dragon - Jun 28, 2016 - 4:04pm
 
Obama's Second Term - steeler - Jun 28, 2016 - 3:31pm
 
The Image Post - VV - Jun 28, 2016 - 3:17pm
 
Did you hear this story? - miamizsun - Jun 28, 2016 - 2:59pm
 
BACK TO THE 80's - R_P - Jun 28, 2016 - 1:56pm
 
Banksters - rhahl - Jun 28, 2016 - 1:48pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - Steely_D - Jun 28, 2016 - 1:00pm
 
Those lovable acronym guys & gals - R_P - Jun 28, 2016 - 10:18am
 
Celebrity Face Recognition - Proclivities - Jun 28, 2016 - 10:11am
 
WORDS OF WISDOM - Proclivities - Jun 28, 2016 - 9:10am
 
Gardeners Corner - marko86 - Jun 28, 2016 - 8:37am
 
The Obituary Page - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 28, 2016 - 8:25am
 
Anti-War - sirdroseph - Jun 28, 2016 - 2:41am
 
Live Music - rhahl - Jun 27, 2016 - 10:55pm
 
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl? - kurtster - Jun 27, 2016 - 10:33pm
 
Outstanding Covers - rhahl - Jun 27, 2016 - 10:14pm
 
Post your vacation pictures here! - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 27, 2016 - 8:53pm
 
Computer geek thread for RP techno-freaks - haresfur - Jun 27, 2016 - 6:45pm
 
Bernie Sanders 2016? - #feelthebern - Rod - Jun 27, 2016 - 5:11pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2016 - 4:14pm
 
music that makes you dance with big wavy gestures - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2016 - 3:48pm
 
Best Song Comments. - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 27, 2016 - 3:04pm
 
Brexit - R_P - Jun 27, 2016 - 2:22pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Obama's Second Term Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Post to this Topic
steeler
About three bricks shy of a load
steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 3:31pm

 kurtster wrote:

Well we agree on something.  Maybe not the cause(s), but at least what is going on.

 
I actually was saying (or trying to say) that I recognized that this was your belief.


Beaker

Beaker Avatar



Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 9:37am

 aflanigan wrote:

The psychological term, I believe, is Idee fixe.

 
Careful now.  Tossing out terms like that will only lead to their use in reference to other posters and their preferences.

Misfire.  Self-inflicted.  Etc. 
kurtster
waiting ... getting closer
kurtster Avatar

Location: ymmv
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 9:27am

 aflanigan wrote:

The psychological term, I believe, is Idee fixe.

 
Thanks, doc !  

But as I was reminded in another thread, stay on the thread topic, which I believe was in the Trump thread or somethin ...

At any rate, the term can be freely distributed to those who have the same problem with Trump or Clinton or Bush or guns or ... 


aflanigan
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity
aflanigan Avatar

Location: At Sea
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Aquarius
Chinese Yr: Rat


Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 9:11am

 kurtster wrote:
 I was speaking only on Obama.

 
The psychological term, I believe, is Idee fixe.
kurtster
waiting ... getting closer
kurtster Avatar

Location: ymmv
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Jun 28, 2016 - 7:57am

 steeler wrote:

No, I was not basing my comment on an allegation of "hate" of Obama the person. I see it as your loathing of the Obama administration, its policies, and what you believe to be its central role in the decline of America and American values . However, you do not confine yourself to criticism of policies, actions, and inactions of the administration.  You often offer not only your views on a policy or  action, but also speculate as to the "real" reasons for that policy, action, or inaction — e.g., Obama tries to influence the Brexit vote, and the reason he did so is because he hates Great Britain and everything British.  That latter speculation is unnecessary and curious, at best, , and I can see where it would lead folk to perceive a loathing of Obama the person.          

 
Well we agree on something.  Maybe not the cause(s), but at least what is going on.
ScottN
"Thought for today" has been postponed until tomorrow.
ScottN Avatar

Location: An inch above the K/T boundary. But smth near fracking still has appeal.
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Aries
Chinese Yr: Buffalo


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 4:34pm

 R_P wrote:
...

 
Frightening that Robertson gets airtime and has a a substantial following.
 
R_P
Ni dieu ni maƮtre
R_P Avatar



Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 4:07pm


buddy

buddy Avatar

Gender: Male
Zodiac: Gemini
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 12:51pm

I think we can see who hates who easy enough here.
bokey
Thank me for the sunshine bokey
bokey Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:27am

 steeler wrote:
 because he hates Great Britain and everything British.  That latter speculation is unnecessary and curious, at best, , and I can see where it would lead folk to perceive a loathing of Obama the person.          

 
No,he just hates everything except himself.Wasn't that easy?


steeler
About three bricks shy of a load
steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:19am

 kurtster wrote:

I mentioned that one was a bookend to the other.  Would not that imply that there are items that would be included between them ?  

To think that my first impulse is to readily accept anything negative about Obama as patently true is insulting at some level.  Over the years I have spelled out certain actions and policies that I disagree with regarding Obama, keeping the subject on the actions and policies, not on Obama personally.  To no avail.  I usually and others who openly disagree with his policies and actions are always dismissed with the usual reasons.  Reasons that usually deal with hate rather than rebuttal regarding the items presented.  I could take that you may be inferring that my predilection to readily believe anything negative about Obama is based only on hate reading the way you presented that thought.  Am I right on that assumption ?

One fact does remain about Obama that has not been refuted is that he is 0 fer 2 where he has stuck his nose into the internal elections of other countries and again 0 fer 3 if you include the debacle he helped to worsen in Egypt.

 
No, I was not basing my comment on an allegation of "hate" of Obama the person. I see it as your loathing of the Obama administration, its policies, and what you believe to be its central role in the decline of America and American values . However, you do not confine yourself to criticism of policies, actions, and inactions of the administration.  You often offer not only your views on a policy or  action, but also speculate as to the "real" reasons for that policy, action, or inaction — e.g., Obama tries to influence the Brexit vote, and the reason he did so is because he hates Great Britain and everything British.  That latter speculation is unnecessary and curious, at best, , and I can see where it would lead folk to perceive a loathing of Obama the person.          


kurtster
waiting ... getting closer
kurtster Avatar

Location: ymmv
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:03am

 aflanigan wrote:

No, I'm not, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. 

If I'm being one sided in the previous post, it's merely to balance out your selectivity in criticizing Obama's actions while overlooking the same or worse in previous Occupants.

 
Well you put words in my mouth and the subject is Obama.  I have not overlooked other things like you did regarding Mubarak, Qadaffy and Assad, since I was speaking only on Obama.


aflanigan
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity
aflanigan Avatar

Location: At Sea
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Aquarius
Chinese Yr: Rat


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:56am

 kurtster wrote:

But when a Democrat takes out Mubarak or Qadaffy, its for humanitarian reasons ...  bull puckey.

Then there is Assad, who Obama threatened yet failed to act on his own threat, resulting in a full scale uncontrolled mass migration across the globe.

But you're okay with all of these because a Democrat did them for humanitarian reasons. 

Carry on. 

 
No, I'm not, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. 

If I'm being one sided in the previous post, it's merely to balance out your selectivity in criticizing Obama's actions while overlooking the same or worse in previous Occupants.
kurtster
waiting ... getting closer
kurtster Avatar

Location: ymmv
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:53am

 buddy wrote:

I think there is plenty of historical precedent for this going back to the founders, but I'm a bit rusty on my American history to this point.  I'll see what I can come up with when I have time to google  ;)

um....maybe Cuba when Fidel took over?  Toppling the USSR with help from Reagan's "tear down this wall",  Kennedy's "ich biin ein Berliner", Woodrow Wilson in Spain?  I'll see what I can find.

 
I'm speaking specifically about elections, not foreign policy.  There is a difference, at least in my mind.
kurtster
waiting ... getting closer
kurtster Avatar

Location: ymmv
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:51am

 aflanigan wrote:

In conservaworld, a Republican president sending troops into a foreign country to topple a leader (Iraq), or funding brutal anti-government rebels to overthrow other foreign governments (Contras) are considered normal diplomacy.

 
But when a Democrat takes out Mubarak or Qadaffy, its for humanitarian reasons ...  bull puckey.

Then there is Assad, who Obama threatened yet failed to act on his own threat, resulting in a full scale uncontrolled mass migration across the globe.

But you're okay with all of these because a Democrat did them for humanitarian reasons. 

Carry on. 
buddy

buddy Avatar

Gender: Male
Zodiac: Gemini
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:49am

 aflanigan wrote:

In conservaworld, a Republican president sending troops into a foreign country to topple a leader (Iraq), or funding brutal anti-government rebels to overthrow other foreign governments (Contras) are considered normal diplomacy.

Obama stating plainly what US policy changes would likely be in response to an election outcome constitutes "direct influence" of an election, and is bullying.

 

 
Yeah, well there's that.
buddy

buddy Avatar

Gender: Male
Zodiac: Gemini
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:48am

 kurtster wrote:

I am only aware of the two that I mentioned, Brexit and Netanyha's most recent re election in Israel.  In Egypt, he openly endorsed the Muslim Brotherhood and we all know how that ended.

Are there others ?  Traditionally, American presidents have not picked sides prior to other country's elections being held, other than to express thoughts on the outcomes.  This is my understanding, which may be wrong, but I think that I am correct on this.

 
I think there is plenty of historical precedent for this going back to the founders, but I'm a bit rusty on my American history to this point.  I'll see what I can come up with when I have time to google  ;)

um....maybe Cuba when Fidel took over?  Toppling the USSR with help from Reagan's "tear down this wall",  Kennedy's "ich biin ein Berliner", Woodrow Wilson in Spain?  I'll see what I can find.


aflanigan
Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity
aflanigan Avatar

Location: At Sea
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Aquarius
Chinese Yr: Rat


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:44am

 buddy wrote:

Can you please provide a specific list of all the elections of other countries that President Obama has "stuck his nose into", and how you define that?  Just trying to understand your point.

 
In conservaworld, a Republican president sending troops into a foreign country to topple a leader (Iraq), or funding brutal anti-government rebels to overthrow other foreign governments (Contras) are considered normal diplomacy.

Obama stating plainly what US policy changes would likely be in response to an election outcome constitutes "direct influence" of an election, and is bullying.

 
kurtster
waiting ... getting closer
kurtster Avatar

Location: ymmv
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:42am

 buddy wrote:

Can you please provide a specific list of all the elections of other countries that President Obama has "stuck his nose into", and how you define that?  Just trying to understand your point.

 
I am only aware of the two that I mentioned, Brexit and Netanyha's most recent re election in Israel.  In Egypt, he openly endorsed the Muslim Brotherhood and we all know how that ended.

Are there others ?  Traditionally, American presidents have not picked sides prior to other country's elections being held, other than to express thoughts on the outcomes.  This is my understanding, which may be wrong, but I think that I am correct on this.
buddy

buddy Avatar

Gender: Male
Zodiac: Gemini
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:28am

 kurtster wrote:

One fact does remain about Obama that has not been refuted is that he is 0 fer 2 where he has stuck his nose into the internal elections of other countries and again 0 fer 3 if you include the debacle he helped to worsen in Egypt.

 
Can you please provide a specific list of all the elections of other countries that President Obama has "stuck his nose into", and how you define that?  Just trying to understand your point.
kurtster
waiting ... getting closer
kurtster Avatar

Location: ymmv
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 10:23am

 steeler wrote:

But this episode does tend to underscore your predilection to readily believe anything negative about Obama.  You acknowledge the factual error here, but state that does not change your conclusion. 

 
I mentioned that one was a bookend to the other.  Would not that imply that there are items that would be included between them ?  

To think that my first impulse is to readily accept anything negative about Obama as patently true is insulting at some level.  Over the years I have spelled out certain actions and policies that I disagree with regarding Obama, keeping the subject on the actions and policies, not on Obama personally.  To no avail.  I usually and others who openly disagree with his policies and actions are always dismissed with the usual reasons.  Reasons that usually deal with hate rather than rebuttal regarding the items presented.  I could take that you may be inferring that my predilection to readily believe anything negative about Obama is based only on hate reading the way you presented that thought.  Am I right on that assumption ?

One fact does remain about Obama that has not been refuted is that he is 0 fer 2 where he has stuck his nose into the internal elections of other countries and again 0 fer 3 if you include the debacle he helped to worsen in Egypt.
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92  Next