Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- Contaminator - May 22, 2018 - 12:45am
Your Current Crush
- Alexandra - May 21, 2018 - 11:12pm
- haresfur - May 21, 2018 - 11:11pm
Ridiculous or Funny Spam
- R_P - May 21, 2018 - 10:50pm
Those Silly FBI Guys!
- ScottFromWyoming - May 21, 2018 - 10:21pm
"Everybody Must Get Stoned" actually not about drugs
- Manbird - May 21, 2018 - 8:44pm
- R_P - May 21, 2018 - 7:20pm
International Year of Rumi - 2007
- oldviolin - May 21, 2018 - 6:30pm
- R_P - May 21, 2018 - 6:07pm
Name My Band
- oldviolin - May 21, 2018 - 6:00pm
Fake News* ? !
- R_P - May 21, 2018 - 5:34pm
- Manbird - May 21, 2018 - 5:33pm
The Great Divide: Retro vs. Metro America
- Manbird - May 21, 2018 - 5:28pm
Toodledo and/or OpenID
- Manbird - May 21, 2018 - 5:18pm
- Steely_D - May 21, 2018 - 5:18pm
Milk squirting in Turkey???
- Manbird - May 21, 2018 - 5:16pm
Fun For Fingers
- Manbird - May 21, 2018 - 5:12pm
• • • Lost and Found • • •
- Manbird - May 21, 2018 - 5:09pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- haresfur - May 21, 2018 - 4:03pm
PANTS ON FIRE!
- miamizsun - May 21, 2018 - 3:53pm
What Makes You Laugh?
- haresfur - May 21, 2018 - 2:37pm
The Dragons' Roost
- haresfur - May 21, 2018 - 2:36pm
- R_P - May 21, 2018 - 2:29pm
The Obituary Page
- R_P - May 21, 2018 - 1:40pm
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- R_P - May 21, 2018 - 1:38pm
Counting with Pictures
- SeriousLee - May 21, 2018 - 10:55am
- am - May 21, 2018 - 8:57am
Radio Paradise Comments
- oldviolin - May 21, 2018 - 8:50am
- oldviolin - May 21, 2018 - 8:46am
- zevon - May 21, 2018 - 7:44am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- haresfur - May 21, 2018 - 7:30am
What are you reading now?
- rhahl - May 21, 2018 - 7:12am
What are you listening to now?
- SeriousLee - May 21, 2018 - 6:32am
- R_P - May 20, 2018 - 9:01pm
Buying a Car
- SeriousLee - May 20, 2018 - 6:58pm
BillyGee's Greatest Segues
- SeriousLee - May 20, 2018 - 4:07pm
Stuff I've Said Out Loud
- Antigone - May 20, 2018 - 2:46pm
PUNS - BIRDS
- oldviolin - May 20, 2018 - 2:13pm
Race in America
- R_P - May 20, 2018 - 1:52pm
What makes you smile?
- Steely_D - May 20, 2018 - 12:14pm
Things You Thought Today
- Antigone - May 20, 2018 - 12:00pm
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- Antigone - May 20, 2018 - 11:03am
Is Wikipedia Objective?
- maryte - May 20, 2018 - 8:20am
More reggae, less Marley please
- sirdroseph - May 20, 2018 - 6:26am
- sirdroseph - May 20, 2018 - 6:23am
songs that ROCK!
- R_P - May 20, 2018 - 2:03am
- richskarma - May 19, 2018 - 11:05pm
Make me a stereo system! (poof!!)
- Beaker - May 19, 2018 - 8:51pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - May 19, 2018 - 5:18pm
Radio Paradise on the Amazon Echo
- jarro - May 19, 2018 - 4:30pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- maryte - May 19, 2018 - 10:52am
What Are You Grateful For?
- triskele - May 19, 2018 - 5:47am
The Truth Unfolds
- SeriousLee - May 19, 2018 - 4:52am
Country Up The Bumpkin
- SeriousLee - May 19, 2018 - 4:26am
OMG how I hate the sound of Joni Mitchell singing....
- ColdMiser - May 19, 2018 - 4:17am
Name My Album
- SeriousLee - May 19, 2018 - 2:08am
- kcar - May 18, 2018 - 8:13pm
- kcar - May 18, 2018 - 8:07pm
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - May 18, 2018 - 3:01pm
Things We Shouldn't Have To Say
- Steely_D - May 18, 2018 - 2:58pm
The Global War on Terror
- R_P - May 18, 2018 - 1:17pm
Proposed Crime of the Century:
- haresfur - May 18, 2018 - 1:08pm
- Steely_D - May 18, 2018 - 1:04pm
- Proclivities - May 18, 2018 - 11:43am
The War On Drugs = Fail
- Proclivities - May 18, 2018 - 11:42am
- R_P - May 18, 2018 - 11:39am
- Proclivities - May 18, 2018 - 10:35am
- Antigone - May 18, 2018 - 8:50am
- marco79cgn - May 18, 2018 - 8:30am
Roku Soundbridge M1000 - STOPPED WORKING! HELP!
- adam8021x - May 18, 2018 - 7:15am
Quick! I need a chicken...
- Proclivities - May 18, 2018 - 6:54am
- R_P - May 17, 2018 - 10:49pm
Those lovable acronym guys & gals
- R_P - May 17, 2018 - 8:47pm
- R_P - May 17, 2018 - 7:32pm
HomeKit HomePod AppleTV
- Steely_D - May 17, 2018 - 6:02pm
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.