What Did You Do Today?
- kurtster - Apr 25, 2017 - 10:42pm
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Apr 25, 2017 - 10:22pm
Bill G. interview on KHUM
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Apr 25, 2017 - 9:06pm
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Apr 25, 2017 - 8:46pm
- 4lex - Apr 25, 2017 - 8:10pm
- kurtster - Apr 25, 2017 - 7:22pm
Australia has Disappeared
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 25, 2017 - 6:58pm
- K_Love - Apr 25, 2017 - 4:48pm
How's the weather?
- haresfur - Apr 25, 2017 - 4:20pm
What Did You See Today?
- haresfur - Apr 25, 2017 - 4:07pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- Skydog - Apr 25, 2017 - 2:11pm
- R_P - Apr 25, 2017 - 1:00pm
BACK TO THE 80's
- rhahl - Apr 25, 2017 - 12:38pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- Antigone - Apr 25, 2017 - 11:19am
RP on Amazon Echo
- ncollingridge - Apr 25, 2017 - 10:41am
RP app - info without playing stream
- ncollingridge - Apr 25, 2017 - 9:47am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 25, 2017 - 8:09am
What Makes You Laugh?
- lily34 - Apr 25, 2017 - 6:07am
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Apr 24, 2017 - 9:09pm
Seeking: Like-Minded Telepaths to Silence Rush Limbaugh
- kcar - Apr 24, 2017 - 8:16pm
What DAC you using?
- jbuhl - Apr 24, 2017 - 5:51pm
Kids say the funniest things
- Skydog - Apr 24, 2017 - 4:24pm
- Skydog - Apr 24, 2017 - 4:21pm
Is that a cigarette?
- Skydog - Apr 24, 2017 - 4:17pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- Proclivities - Apr 24, 2017 - 1:30pm
What Are You Grateful For?
- Steely_D - Apr 24, 2017 - 1:03pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- aflanigan - Apr 24, 2017 - 12:42pm
Signs of Spring
- aflanigan - Apr 24, 2017 - 12:08pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- coupster - Apr 24, 2017 - 11:54am
Fishing Line - NOT Thread.
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 24, 2017 - 9:34am
honk if you think manbird and OV are one and the same ent...
- Proclivities - Apr 24, 2017 - 8:59am
Things that piss me off
- haresfur - Apr 24, 2017 - 8:32am
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- Faithful_Fool - Apr 24, 2017 - 8:31am
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year
- sunybuny - Apr 24, 2017 - 8:11am
The Dragons' Roost
- islander - Apr 24, 2017 - 8:08am
- Antigone - Apr 24, 2017 - 7:19am
Name My Band
- lily34 - Apr 24, 2017 - 6:47am
- kurtster - Apr 23, 2017 - 7:15pm
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- Coaxial - Apr 23, 2017 - 6:07pm
Back to the 00's
- rhahl - Apr 23, 2017 - 6:01pm
Vinyl Only Spin List
- kurtster - Apr 23, 2017 - 5:34pm
Things You Thought Today
- Alexandra - Apr 23, 2017 - 4:53pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- Lazy8 - Apr 23, 2017 - 4:37pm
Photos you haven't taken of yourself
- Antigone - Apr 23, 2017 - 3:07pm
Having PSD problems?
- Red_Dragon - Apr 23, 2017 - 12:46pm
how do you feel right now?
- SeriousLee - Apr 23, 2017 - 12:33pm
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK!
- kurtster - Apr 23, 2017 - 12:07pm
caching in iphone/ipad app
- gtufano - Apr 23, 2017 - 11:03am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- kurtster - Apr 23, 2017 - 9:05am
Country Up The Bumpkin
- oldviolin - Apr 23, 2017 - 8:17am
HALF A WORLD
- Red_Dragon - Apr 23, 2017 - 7:34am
You're Welcome, OV
- oldviolin - Apr 23, 2017 - 7:30am
- SeriousLee - Apr 23, 2017 - 7:27am
What are you listening to now?
- SeriousLee - Apr 23, 2017 - 7:22am
Marijuana: Baked News.
- Red_Dragon - Apr 23, 2017 - 5:50am
- rhahl - Apr 22, 2017 - 4:18pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- SeriousLee - Apr 22, 2017 - 2:46pm
- SeriousLee - Apr 22, 2017 - 11:41am
Itunes music connection?
- FrankDebbieCote - Apr 22, 2017 - 8:43am
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone
- oldviolin - Apr 22, 2017 - 7:38am
RPeep News You Should Know
- miamizsun - Apr 22, 2017 - 7:25am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- fractalv - Apr 21, 2017 - 7:07pm
High(er) Fidelity for RP
- kurtster - Apr 21, 2017 - 5:31pm
Agricultural subsidies -- thoughts
- westslope - Apr 21, 2017 - 2:10pm
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- Antigone - Apr 21, 2017 - 2:02pm
Best Song Comments.
- Proclivities - Apr 21, 2017 - 1:38pm
Testing your Metal?
- SeriousLee - Apr 21, 2017 - 12:34pm
Waste Time At Work
- Proclivities - Apr 21, 2017 - 9:20am
Graphs, Charts & Maps
- Proclivities - Apr 21, 2017 - 8:56am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Apr 21, 2017 - 6:22am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - Apr 21, 2017 - 3:20am
- kcar - Apr 21, 2017 - 1:14am
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 20, 2017 - 10:35pm
- Lazy8 - Apr 20, 2017 - 3:42pm
- miamizsun - Apr 20, 2017 - 12:20pm
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
I see what you did there.
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“Why would anyone do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?” - Hank Hill
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.