Radio Paradise Comments
- miamizsun - Dec 14, 2017 - 10:38am
- Proclivities - Dec 14, 2017 - 10:35am
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- miamizsun - Dec 14, 2017 - 10:30am
- miamizsun - Dec 14, 2017 - 10:21am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- KBActive - Dec 14, 2017 - 9:35am
The Image Post
- oldviolin - Dec 14, 2017 - 8:32am
Name My Band
- Red_Dragon - Dec 14, 2017 - 8:28am
- Red_Dragon - Dec 14, 2017 - 8:17am
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- Prodigal_SOB - Dec 14, 2017 - 8:05am
- oppositelock - Dec 14, 2017 - 7:28am
What makes you smile?
- Antigone - Dec 14, 2017 - 7:25am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- Red_Dragon - Dec 14, 2017 - 6:57am
NEWS OF THE WEIRD - or - "All the News to Pitch a Fi...
- miamizsun - Dec 14, 2017 - 6:34am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Dec 14, 2017 - 6:24am
Post your favorite 'You Tube' Videos Here
- fidget - Dec 14, 2017 - 6:05am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- miamizsun - Dec 14, 2017 - 4:09am
- miamizsun - Dec 14, 2017 - 4:05am
alles deutschsprachige / Germany, Austria, Switzerland
- belorofon - Dec 14, 2017 - 3:22am
- Steely_D - Dec 13, 2017 - 7:48pm
- Red_Dragon - Dec 13, 2017 - 6:33pm
New Artist - recommendation
- Marshall_McLuhan - Dec 13, 2017 - 6:30pm
Blogs you want to share
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 13, 2017 - 6:25pm
- Red_Dragon - Dec 13, 2017 - 6:11pm
What are you listening to now?
- Red_Dragon - Dec 13, 2017 - 4:01pm
Love & Hate
- miamizsun - Dec 13, 2017 - 3:18pm
- Prodigal_SOB - Dec 13, 2017 - 1:39pm
- R_P - Dec 13, 2017 - 1:23pm
You really put butter on the hot dog?
- miamizsun - Dec 13, 2017 - 10:42am
New Echo (Alexa) Skill
- daddiowen - Dec 13, 2017 - 10:36am
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- JrzyTmata - Dec 13, 2017 - 10:23am
And the good news is....
- miamizsun - Dec 13, 2017 - 10:17am
That's good advice
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 13, 2017 - 9:43am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- islander - Dec 13, 2017 - 8:24am
The Obituary Page
- black321 - Dec 13, 2017 - 7:43am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Dec 13, 2017 - 6:43am
Nice set Bill....
- miamizsun - Dec 13, 2017 - 4:14am
Amazon Products (May Contain Spam)
- kcar - Dec 12, 2017 - 8:40pm
Things You Thought Today
- Red_Dragon - Dec 12, 2017 - 7:04pm
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- Red_Dragon - Dec 12, 2017 - 5:05pm
kurtster's quiet vinyl
- kurtster - Dec 12, 2017 - 1:35pm
Happy holidays, everyone!
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Dec 12, 2017 - 12:52pm
how do you feel right now?
- kurtster - Dec 12, 2017 - 12:22pm
- miamizsun - Dec 12, 2017 - 12:12pm
Things that piss me off
- maryte - Dec 12, 2017 - 9:13am
- miamizsun - Dec 12, 2017 - 5:51am
Religion + Politics
- miamizsun - Dec 12, 2017 - 4:16am
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 11, 2017 - 7:10pm
- Red_Dragon - Dec 11, 2017 - 11:12am
What Makes You Laugh?
- Prodigal_SOB - Dec 11, 2017 - 8:40am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- miamizsun - Dec 11, 2017 - 7:39am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Dec 10, 2017 - 10:27am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- triskele - Dec 10, 2017 - 7:10am
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Antigone - Dec 10, 2017 - 5:57am
- kurtster - Dec 10, 2017 - 5:55am
- Antigone - Dec 9, 2017 - 3:00pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- Antigone - Dec 9, 2017 - 10:51am
- R_P - Dec 9, 2017 - 10:28am
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2017 - 8:48am
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2017 - 8:18am
- miamizsun - Dec 9, 2017 - 6:13am
- BillG - Dec 8, 2017 - 6:27pm
What Makes You Sad?
- miamizsun - Dec 8, 2017 - 2:01pm
Nova Scotia Trip
- SeriousLee - Dec 8, 2017 - 12:37pm
- R_P - Dec 8, 2017 - 11:42am
Graphic designers, ho!
- islander - Dec 8, 2017 - 11:24am
Poll: Would you play RP at a house party?
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 8, 2017 - 8:57am
What Are You Grateful For?
- miamizsun - Dec 8, 2017 - 5:04am
- miamizsun - Dec 8, 2017 - 4:39am
Mixtape Culture Club
- sirdroseph - Dec 8, 2017 - 4:38am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- PoundPuppy - Dec 7, 2017 - 6:19pm
- R_P - Dec 7, 2017 - 2:49pm
Today, I learned...
- Antigone - Dec 7, 2017 - 12:19pm
Books read recently
- Red_Dragon - Dec 7, 2017 - 9:05am
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 7, 2017 - 7:55am
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge?
- miamizsun - Dec 7, 2017 - 5:31am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.