- buddy - Aug 18, 2017 - 1:10pm
Things You Thought Today
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 18, 2017 - 1:08pm
Books read recently
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 18, 2017 - 1:05pm
Local Scandals, politics and news
- Proclivities - Aug 18, 2017 - 12:21pm
Museum Of Bad Album Covers
- Proclivities - Aug 18, 2017 - 11:07am
The Lost Room
- Proclivities - Aug 18, 2017 - 10:57am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Proclivities - Aug 18, 2017 - 10:01am
What Did You Do Today?
- lily34 - Aug 18, 2017 - 8:17am
- kurtster - Aug 18, 2017 - 7:41am
Radio Paradise Comments
- buzz - Aug 18, 2017 - 7:04am
What Did You See Today?
- Antigone - Aug 18, 2017 - 6:36am
- Prodigal_SOB - Aug 18, 2017 - 6:21am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Aug 18, 2017 - 6:15am
Covers that are better than the original
- lily34 - Aug 18, 2017 - 6:08am
High(er) Fidelity for RP
- dalaut - Aug 18, 2017 - 4:05am
What are you listening to now?
- kurtster - Aug 17, 2017 - 8:34pm
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Aug 17, 2017 - 7:03pm
- Red_Dragon - Aug 17, 2017 - 6:59pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- Antigone - Aug 17, 2017 - 4:32pm
Fake News* ? !
- R_P - Aug 17, 2017 - 2:28pm
- Antigone - Aug 17, 2017 - 1:46pm
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- R_P - Aug 17, 2017 - 11:01am
- ScottN - Aug 17, 2017 - 10:46am
Crazy conspiracy theories
- Red_Dragon - Aug 17, 2017 - 9:58am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- Red_Dragon - Aug 17, 2017 - 8:21am
Your favourite conspiracy theory?
- oldviolin - Aug 17, 2017 - 6:53am
What Makes You Laugh?
- lily34 - Aug 17, 2017 - 5:58am
::odd but intriguing::
- Coaxial - Aug 17, 2017 - 5:56am
What the world needs now is ....
- miamizsun - Aug 17, 2017 - 5:32am
- Red_Dragon - Aug 16, 2017 - 5:54pm
Regional nuclear war
- westslope - Aug 16, 2017 - 3:08pm
RP App for Android
- jarro - Aug 16, 2017 - 1:29pm
Name My Band
- Tomato - Aug 16, 2017 - 12:47pm
- Prodigal_SOB - Aug 16, 2017 - 11:15am
Tech & Science
- pigtail - Aug 16, 2017 - 11:11am
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Proclivities - Aug 16, 2017 - 7:05am
- Red_Dragon - Aug 16, 2017 - 6:37am
- rhahl - Aug 15, 2017 - 7:14pm
- Dragonfly_Launch - Aug 15, 2017 - 6:09pm
Post Your Rainbow Pictures
- Rod - Aug 15, 2017 - 5:00pm
- R_P - Aug 15, 2017 - 1:33pm
• • • Fake Beard with Some Sausages • • •
- aflanigan - Aug 15, 2017 - 11:58am
Pictures you have taken of your feet. *snort*
- Antigone - Aug 15, 2017 - 8:57am
HALF A WORLD
- Proclivities - Aug 15, 2017 - 8:47am
- miamizsun - Aug 15, 2017 - 7:21am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- maryte - Aug 15, 2017 - 6:09am
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- SeriousLee - Aug 15, 2017 - 5:25am
- Antigone - Aug 15, 2017 - 5:22am
I'm pissing me off
- miamizsun - Aug 15, 2017 - 4:42am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- islander - Aug 14, 2017 - 7:34pm
Museum of Iconic Album Covers
- Prodigal_SOB - Aug 14, 2017 - 6:38pm
- westslope - Aug 14, 2017 - 2:36pm
I Feel Good
- miamizsun - Aug 14, 2017 - 2:34pm
- miamizsun - Aug 14, 2017 - 2:02pm
how do you feel right now?
- miamizsun - Aug 14, 2017 - 1:55pm
Science benefitting us old codgers
- Proclivities - Aug 14, 2017 - 11:11am
What did you have for lunch?
- aflanigan - Aug 14, 2017 - 10:44am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Aug 14, 2017 - 9:39am
Private messages in a public forum
- buddy - Aug 14, 2017 - 8:33am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Aug 14, 2017 - 8:03am
RP Never Ending Story...
- oldviolin - Aug 14, 2017 - 7:56am
Vinyl for old timer
- kurtster - Aug 14, 2017 - 7:48am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Aug 14, 2017 - 7:45am
- oldviolin - Aug 14, 2017 - 7:40am
What makes you smile?
- stream26 - Aug 14, 2017 - 6:48am
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 13, 2017 - 9:26pm
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- maryte - Aug 13, 2017 - 5:41pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- buzz - Aug 13, 2017 - 4:21pm
Jesus Is Magic
- buddy - Aug 13, 2017 - 2:57pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- rmgman - Aug 13, 2017 - 2:06pm
- SeriousLee - Aug 13, 2017 - 7:28am
- Proclivities - Aug 13, 2017 - 5:38am
How's the weather?
- BlueHeronDruid - Aug 13, 2017 - 1:15am
- Manbird - Aug 12, 2017 - 9:48pm
do you Twitter?
- Manbird - Aug 12, 2017 - 9:26pm
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.