- buddy - Mar 25, 2017 - 8:06am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- BillG - Mar 25, 2017 - 7:53am
- rhahl - Mar 25, 2017 - 7:28am
Chromecast support please!
- Red_Dragon - Mar 25, 2017 - 7:24am
- Red_Dragon - Mar 25, 2017 - 7:12am
- Red_Dragon - Mar 25, 2017 - 7:10am
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- Red_Dragon - Mar 25, 2017 - 7:08am
- Red_Dragon - Mar 25, 2017 - 7:07am
- rhahl - Mar 25, 2017 - 6:58am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Mar 25, 2017 - 6:55am
Middle-aged white Americans face declining life expectancy
- buddy - Mar 25, 2017 - 6:38am
Health Care Reform
- buddy - Mar 25, 2017 - 6:20am
- sirdroseph - Mar 25, 2017 - 6:13am
Show us your NEW _______________!!!!
- n4ku - Mar 25, 2017 - 5:40am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- SeriousLee - Mar 25, 2017 - 5:38am
Fake News* ? !
- Skydog - Mar 25, 2017 - 5:27am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 25, 2017 - 5:16am
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes.
- BlueHeronDruid - Mar 24, 2017 - 11:52pm
Things You Thought Today
- oldviolin - Mar 24, 2017 - 11:36pm
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- oldviolin - Mar 24, 2017 - 11:23pm
Name My Band
- oldviolin - Mar 24, 2017 - 10:47pm
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- Coaxial - Mar 24, 2017 - 4:34pm
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- SeriousLee - Mar 24, 2017 - 4:09pm
- Steely_D - Mar 24, 2017 - 4:06pm
Back to the 90's
- R_P - Mar 24, 2017 - 3:48pm
What makes you smile?
- Antigone - Mar 24, 2017 - 3:27pm
Uneseccary/unwanted advice/'helpful' comments
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 24, 2017 - 2:12pm
6 Terrorist Blasts Hit London 07/07/2005
- MrsHobieJoe - Mar 24, 2017 - 2:11pm
What Makes You Laugh?
- Antigone - Mar 24, 2017 - 12:27pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- miamizsun - Mar 24, 2017 - 12:14pm
- Prodigal_SOB - Mar 24, 2017 - 10:35am
Little known information...maybe even facts
- Red_Dragon - Mar 24, 2017 - 10:21am
Thought For The Day
- Proclivities - Mar 24, 2017 - 9:48am
Private messages in a public forum
- oldviolin - Mar 24, 2017 - 9:35am
Radio Paradise Comments
- aflanigan - Mar 24, 2017 - 9:22am
- miamizsun - Mar 24, 2017 - 8:18am
Memorials - Remembering Our Loved Ones
- Antigone - Mar 24, 2017 - 6:07am
Putin Owns Trump
- Red_Dragon - Mar 24, 2017 - 4:40am
Mixtape Culture Club
- sirdroseph - Mar 24, 2017 - 4:11am
- ColdMiser - Mar 24, 2017 - 3:32am
Name My President
- Red_Dragon - Mar 23, 2017 - 6:13pm
- haresfur - Mar 23, 2017 - 6:07pm
Science benefitting us old codgers
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 23, 2017 - 5:59pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- olivertwist - Mar 23, 2017 - 5:36pm
I follow rivers (Lykke Li) - cover by Ray LaMontagne?!?!?!?
- BillG - Mar 23, 2017 - 5:06pm
Country Up The Bumpkin
- oldviolin - Mar 23, 2017 - 5:03pm
how do you feel right now?
- Coaxial - Mar 23, 2017 - 5:00pm
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - Mar 23, 2017 - 4:25pm
Places you've never been....
- pigtail - Mar 23, 2017 - 4:13pm
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - Mar 23, 2017 - 2:17pm
- ptooey - Mar 23, 2017 - 1:14pm
What are you listening to now?
- Skydog - Mar 23, 2017 - 11:54am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Mar 23, 2017 - 9:46am
- aflanigan - Mar 23, 2017 - 8:49am
Delicacies: a..k.a.. the Gross Food forum
- Proclivities - Mar 23, 2017 - 7:28am
Oh dear god, BEES!
- Antigone - Mar 23, 2017 - 6:29am
RadioParadise FAQ List Submission
- djkayce - Mar 23, 2017 - 3:11am
Beers are Dying
- kcar - Mar 22, 2017 - 8:47pm
- R_P - Mar 22, 2017 - 7:35pm
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Mar 22, 2017 - 7:25pm
Horses for Courses
- R_P - Mar 22, 2017 - 7:19pm
TV shows you watch
- Antigone - Mar 22, 2017 - 5:58pm
- haresfur - Mar 22, 2017 - 4:23pm
Films you're excited about.
- Antigone - Mar 22, 2017 - 3:38pm
- westslope - Mar 22, 2017 - 2:43pm
Real Fashion Sense and Style for Russian People
- miamizsun - Mar 22, 2017 - 2:26pm
Graphic designers, ho!
- Proclivities - Mar 22, 2017 - 12:47pm
- pigtail - Mar 22, 2017 - 12:28pm
Reviews and Pix from your concerts and shows you couldn't...
- pigtail - Mar 22, 2017 - 12:25pm
- pigtail - Mar 22, 2017 - 11:55am
- pigtail - Mar 22, 2017 - 11:53am
- ScottN - Mar 22, 2017 - 11:14am
Back To The 50's
- Skydog - Mar 22, 2017 - 9:56am
- Red_Dragon - Mar 22, 2017 - 9:00am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 22, 2017 - 8:56am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“Why would anyone do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?” - Hank Hill
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.