Spambags on RP
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 7, 2015 - 12:06am
Swarovski Necklace UK that from
- minahedr - Oct 6, 2015 - 11:17pm
Swarovski Earrings UK Sale the diamond
- maryyi - Oct 6, 2015 - 10:51pm
Pandora UK may be different
- maryyi - Oct 6, 2015 - 10:35pm
Things You Thought Today
- haresfur - Oct 6, 2015 - 9:46pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- islander - Oct 6, 2015 - 9:30pm
- ScottN - Oct 6, 2015 - 9:19pm
- Red_Dragon - Oct 6, 2015 - 7:55pm
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- bokey - Oct 6, 2015 - 7:50pm
Name My Band
- Antigone - Oct 6, 2015 - 6:22pm
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- haresfur - Oct 6, 2015 - 3:30pm
- DaveInVA - Oct 6, 2015 - 3:18pm
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 6, 2015 - 2:20pm
- DaveInVA - Oct 6, 2015 - 1:52pm
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 6, 2015 - 12:59pm
People who never came to Gilligan's Island
- Proclivities - Oct 6, 2015 - 12:53pm
- Proclivities - Oct 6, 2015 - 11:24am
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- Proclivities - Oct 6, 2015 - 10:48am
A motivational quote
- Proclivities - Oct 6, 2015 - 10:34am
What Makes You Laugh?
- lily34 - Oct 6, 2015 - 10:27am
- ScottN - Oct 6, 2015 - 10:15am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 6, 2015 - 9:59am
- sirdroseph - Oct 6, 2015 - 9:59am
Random Solutions - Random Advice
- VV - Oct 6, 2015 - 9:58am
Having PSD problems?
- BillG - Oct 6, 2015 - 9:37am
How's the weather?
- Proclivities - Oct 6, 2015 - 9:12am
Threads Are Dying
- Steve - Oct 6, 2015 - 8:56am
Obama's Second Term
- Steely_D - Oct 6, 2015 - 8:51am
Uneseccary/unwanted advice/'helpful' comments
- Proclivities - Oct 6, 2015 - 8:41am
Counting with Pictures
- ZM_Herb - Oct 6, 2015 - 8:22am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- olivertwist - Oct 6, 2015 - 7:06am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- bokey - Oct 6, 2015 - 6:36am
Radio Paradise Comments
- islander - Oct 6, 2015 - 6:21am
RP on iTunes Radio?
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 6, 2015 - 5:40am
Audio Quality with RP
- Patienceman - Oct 6, 2015 - 4:30am
- oldviolin - Oct 5, 2015 - 7:34pm
Make triskele smile
- triskele - Oct 5, 2015 - 6:45pm
The Image Post
- haresfur - Oct 5, 2015 - 3:14pm
The moon is cheese
- haresfur - Oct 5, 2015 - 2:47pm
Best songs for air drumming
- Alexandra - Oct 5, 2015 - 1:52pm
Helpful emergency signs
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 5, 2015 - 1:51pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Proclivities - Oct 5, 2015 - 12:35pm
Cool Stuff I Really Want
- cc_rider - Oct 5, 2015 - 8:48am
- n4ku - Oct 5, 2015 - 8:43am
Firesign Theatre - NOT INSANE!
- Prodigal_SOB - Oct 5, 2015 - 7:46am
- Coaxial - Oct 5, 2015 - 6:21am
What Makes You Sad?
- bokey - Oct 5, 2015 - 5:21am
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- DaveInVA - Oct 4, 2015 - 6:56pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- n4ku - Oct 4, 2015 - 6:21pm
- haresfur - Oct 4, 2015 - 5:03pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- Manbird - Oct 4, 2015 - 3:33pm
The Dragons' Roost
- triskele - Oct 4, 2015 - 3:29pm
RPeeps I would let spank me
- oldviolin - Oct 4, 2015 - 2:10pm
- haresfur - Oct 4, 2015 - 2:10pm
- buddy - Oct 4, 2015 - 12:10pm
- Steve - Oct 4, 2015 - 11:26am
ASK DOCTOR SEAGULL (THE DOCTOR IS IN)
- ScottN - Oct 4, 2015 - 11:21am
Sweet horrible irony.
- DaveInVA - Oct 4, 2015 - 9:18am
- Red_Dragon - Oct 4, 2015 - 8:56am
Squirrels Just Want To Have Fun!
- bokey - Oct 4, 2015 - 8:46am
This is amazing!
- Alexandra - Oct 4, 2015 - 8:41am
Museum Of Bad Album Covers
- Proclivities - Oct 4, 2015 - 6:34am
- bokey - Oct 3, 2015 - 7:36pm
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- Coaxial - Oct 3, 2015 - 5:44pm
how do you feel right now?
- kurtster - Oct 3, 2015 - 5:03pm
What's that smell?
- DaveInVA - Oct 3, 2015 - 4:49pm
Way Cool Video
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 3, 2015 - 4:13pm
Celebrity Face Recognition
- DaveInVA - Oct 3, 2015 - 3:57pm
- Antigone - Oct 3, 2015 - 3:52pm
What Makes You Cry :) ?
- Antigone - Oct 3, 2015 - 2:01pm
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- oldviolin - Oct 3, 2015 - 2:00pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Oct 3, 2015 - 1:58pm
- Coaxial - Oct 3, 2015 - 11:23am
What Are You Grateful For?
- Alexandra - Oct 3, 2015 - 9:25am
What makes you smile?
- Coaxial - Oct 3, 2015 - 6:55am
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.