What Makes You Laugh?
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 27, 2016 - 3:54pm
Pick a sport, any sport
- haresfur - Jul 27, 2016 - 3:41pm
- oldviolin - Jul 27, 2016 - 3:12pm
- oldviolin - Jul 27, 2016 - 2:58pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- bokey - Jul 27, 2016 - 2:29pm
You might be getting old if......
- EdEastridge - Jul 27, 2016 - 1:45pm
- bokey - Jul 27, 2016 - 1:43pm
Back to the 70's
- rhahl - Jul 27, 2016 - 1:38pm
RP3 Beta Player
- EdEastridge - Jul 27, 2016 - 1:38pm
- rhahl - Jul 27, 2016 - 1:30pm
Today in History
- buddy - Jul 27, 2016 - 1:30pm
What Did You Do Today?
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 27, 2016 - 11:31am
Post your vacation pictures here!
- Antigone - Jul 27, 2016 - 10:46am
Graphs, Charts & Maps
- aflanigan - Jul 27, 2016 - 10:00am
- aflanigan - Jul 27, 2016 - 9:43am
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- DaveInVA - Jul 27, 2016 - 7:47am
Nederland / The Netherlands
- jojoshooter - Jul 27, 2016 - 4:53am
- rhahl - Jul 26, 2016 - 8:24pm
BACK TO THE 80's
- rhahl - Jul 26, 2016 - 7:47pm
Name My Band
- n4ku - Jul 26, 2016 - 7:36pm
- kurtster - Jul 26, 2016 - 7:05pm
Next life I'm going to be a black girl backup singer
- rhahl - Jul 26, 2016 - 5:49pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- kurtster - Jul 26, 2016 - 5:36pm
How's the weather?
- haresfur - Jul 26, 2016 - 5:06pm
- rhahl - Jul 26, 2016 - 4:48pm
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK!
- Beaker - Jul 26, 2016 - 4:11pm
The Image Post
- trekhead - Jul 26, 2016 - 1:08pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- Steely_D - Jul 26, 2016 - 12:46pm
Delicacies: a..k.a.. the Gross Food forum
- DaveInVA - Jul 26, 2016 - 11:42am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Proclivities - Jul 26, 2016 - 10:26am
Things You Thought Today
- Lazy8 - Jul 26, 2016 - 10:14am
Using the cache on an Android Phone
- BillG - Jul 26, 2016 - 9:14am
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 26, 2016 - 8:44am
Thought For The Day
- Proclivities - Jul 26, 2016 - 8:41am
- rhahl - Jul 26, 2016 - 8:07am
- Antigone - Jul 26, 2016 - 7:58am
Real One Hit Wonders (huge careers based on one song)
- Proclivities - Jul 26, 2016 - 7:50am
- Coaxial - Jul 26, 2016 - 7:50am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- buzz - Jul 26, 2016 - 7:42am
Unindicted felon: candidate Hillary Clinton
- islander - Jul 26, 2016 - 7:32am
What Are You Grateful For?
- Antigone - Jul 26, 2016 - 6:15am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 25, 2016 - 10:34pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- Steely_D - Jul 25, 2016 - 6:39pm
Today, I learned...
- PoundPuppy - Jul 25, 2016 - 6:38pm
What was No.1 on the day you were born
- Coaxial - Jul 25, 2016 - 6:18pm
What was Number One on the day you were born?
- Steely_D - Jul 25, 2016 - 4:24pm
- DaveInVA - Jul 25, 2016 - 4:03pm
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- miamizsun - Jul 25, 2016 - 2:09pm
What are you listening to now?
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 25, 2016 - 11:46am
- pigtail - Jul 25, 2016 - 10:47am
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see
- lily34 - Jul 25, 2016 - 7:36am
- kurtster - Jul 24, 2016 - 9:03pm
Bernie Sanders 2016? - #feelthebern
- kurtster - Jul 24, 2016 - 6:32pm
Make me a stereo system! (poof!!)
- Beaker - Jul 24, 2016 - 6:29pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Jul 24, 2016 - 6:07pm
- rhahl - Jul 24, 2016 - 5:52pm
- oldviolin - Jul 24, 2016 - 5:16pm
Country Up The Bumpkin
- oldviolin - Jul 24, 2016 - 10:21am
Private messages in a public forum
- Coaxial - Jul 24, 2016 - 9:47am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Jul 24, 2016 - 9:27am
- Red_Dragon - Jul 24, 2016 - 8:48am
- Coaxial - Jul 24, 2016 - 7:29am
What's that smell?
- Red_Dragon - Jul 24, 2016 - 7:20am
Movie rental suggestions & reviews - Netflix or Blockbuster
- Proclivities - Jul 24, 2016 - 6:26am
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- bokey - Jul 23, 2016 - 4:52pm
- Red_Dragon - Jul 23, 2016 - 2:05pm
- DaveInVA - Jul 23, 2016 - 1:01pm
how do you feel right now?
- muzik - Jul 23, 2016 - 12:55pm
HELP: STOP Monsanto
- kurtster - Jul 23, 2016 - 12:44pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- bokey - Jul 23, 2016 - 8:03am
Those Lovable Policemen
- haresfur - Jul 22, 2016 - 9:02pm
Summer vacation plans?
- Antigone - Jul 22, 2016 - 2:11pm
Back to the 60's
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 22, 2016 - 1:29pm
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Jul 22, 2016 - 10:03am
- lily34 - Jul 22, 2016 - 9:28am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Me and Dead Steve
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.