Radio Paradise Comments
- Red_Dragon - Jul 30, 2015 - 9:05am
Poetry Remembered from School Days
- Proclivities - Jul 30, 2015 - 9:03am
- Proclivities - Jul 30, 2015 - 8:45am
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Proclivities - Jul 30, 2015 - 8:13am
- Red_Dragon - Jul 30, 2015 - 8:08am
What makes you smile?
- Antigone - Jul 30, 2015 - 8:00am
Counting with Pictures
- mrtuba9 - Jul 30, 2015 - 7:23am
- n4ku - Jul 30, 2015 - 7:20am
Make Lily34 Laugh
- sirdroseph - Jul 30, 2015 - 7:13am
- Proclivities - Jul 30, 2015 - 6:35am
- Red_Dragon - Jul 30, 2015 - 6:33am
Name My Band
- Red_Dragon - Jul 30, 2015 - 6:26am
Things You Thought Today
- Red_Dragon - Jul 30, 2015 - 6:24am
Fear of Flying
- Proclivities - Jul 30, 2015 - 6:19am
- Coaxial - Jul 30, 2015 - 6:15am
5 words for Barack Obama
- oldviolin - Jul 30, 2015 - 5:41am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Jul 30, 2015 - 5:35am
Bees are Dying
- Coaxial - Jul 30, 2015 - 5:31am
What Makes You Laugh?
- sirdroseph - Jul 30, 2015 - 5:12am
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year
- Red_Dragon - Jul 30, 2015 - 4:55am
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- Yibbyl - Jul 29, 2015 - 8:16pm
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK!
- RichardPrins - Jul 29, 2015 - 5:49pm
Pictures you have taken of your feet. *snort*
- triskele - Jul 29, 2015 - 4:41pm
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- Antigone - Jul 29, 2015 - 4:12pm
Useless organ, be gone!
- kurtster - Jul 29, 2015 - 3:44pm
Kids say the funniest things
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 29, 2015 - 1:49pm
Amnesty Condemns U.S. for War on Terror Torture
- meower - Jul 29, 2015 - 1:34pm
- K_Love - Jul 29, 2015 - 12:05pm
Oh, GOD, they're LIBERAL!!!!!
- black321 - Jul 29, 2015 - 10:54am
- Alexandra - Jul 29, 2015 - 10:46am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- meower - Jul 29, 2015 - 10:23am
Will you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- Red_Dragon - Jul 29, 2015 - 8:25am
Those Lovable Policemen
- lowelltr - Jul 29, 2015 - 7:37am
- DaveInVA - Jul 29, 2015 - 7:31am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- VV - Jul 29, 2015 - 6:26am
What Makes You Sad?
- sirdroseph - Jul 29, 2015 - 6:19am
What's on YOUR PSD right now ?
- ColdMiser - Jul 29, 2015 - 5:46am
Meetin' in the Ladies Room
- K_Love - Jul 29, 2015 - 5:29am
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 28, 2015 - 11:12pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- colt4x5 - Jul 28, 2015 - 8:19pm
Strange signs, marquees, billboards, etc.
- Red_Dragon - Jul 28, 2015 - 4:34pm
Oklahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Jul 28, 2015 - 4:28pm
Race in America
- RichardPrins - Jul 28, 2015 - 4:08pm
Dance with me
- haresfur - Jul 28, 2015 - 3:55pm
::it's a dress thing::
- Antigone - Jul 28, 2015 - 3:53pm
- Red_Dragon - Jul 28, 2015 - 2:27pm
What can you hear right now?
- Proclivities - Jul 28, 2015 - 1:34pm
The No Phone Zone
- Coaxial - Jul 28, 2015 - 1:01pm
- Proclivities - Jul 28, 2015 - 12:41pm
Background for a quiet dinner party
- Proclivities - Jul 28, 2015 - 12:28pm
- Coaxial - Jul 28, 2015 - 9:58am
Least Effective Pick Up Lines For Men
- Proclivities - Jul 28, 2015 - 9:38am
- lily34 - Jul 28, 2015 - 8:53am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Proclivities - Jul 28, 2015 - 8:05am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- meower - Jul 28, 2015 - 8:05am
If not RP, what are you listening to right now?
- Beaker - Jul 28, 2015 - 8:02am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- Proclivities - Jul 28, 2015 - 7:03am
Is there any GOOD news out there?
- miamizsun - Jul 28, 2015 - 5:59am
Best Song Comments.
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 28, 2015 - 1:22am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- Alchemist - Jul 28, 2015 - 12:19am
What makes you angry?
- Alexandra - Jul 27, 2015 - 10:17pm
The RANT Forum
- Alexandra - Jul 27, 2015 - 9:44pm
Spambags on RP
- Red_Dragon - Jul 27, 2015 - 6:20pm
Amazon Products for Fun and Amusement
- Yibbyl - Jul 27, 2015 - 5:18pm
What did you have for dinner?
- triskele - Jul 27, 2015 - 5:12pm
Spill Baby Spill -(formerly Drill Baby Drill!)
- ScottFromWyoming - Jul 27, 2015 - 4:14pm
Internet Speed Test
- DaveInVA - Jul 27, 2015 - 3:44pm
First World Problems
- kurtster - Jul 27, 2015 - 3:32pm
Mind Rot Commercials
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 27, 2015 - 12:50pm
- Red_Dragon - Jul 27, 2015 - 12:31pm
The Image Post
- lily34 - Jul 27, 2015 - 12:22pm
What Did You Do Today?
- bokey - Jul 27, 2015 - 11:42am
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see
- Steely_D - Jul 27, 2015 - 10:23am
Curious; why is RP discontinuing the merchandise?
- BillG - Jul 27, 2015 - 8:29am
Watch Now !
- miamizsun - Jul 27, 2015 - 8:29am
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.