Private messages in a public forum
- MsJudi - May 26, 2015 - 8:15pm
- bokey - May 26, 2015 - 8:08pm
- RichardPrins - May 26, 2015 - 8:05pm
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- Yibbyl - May 26, 2015 - 8:05pm
- Manbird - May 26, 2015 - 7:49pm
- Manbird - May 26, 2015 - 7:41pm
- Manbird - May 26, 2015 - 7:40pm
Other Medical Stuff
- bokey - May 26, 2015 - 7:24pm
- Manbird - May 26, 2015 - 7:18pm
What Makes You Laugh?
- Manbird - May 26, 2015 - 7:14pm
Tech & Science
- haresfur - May 26, 2015 - 7:11pm
What Are You Grateful For?
- Alexandra - May 26, 2015 - 7:10pm
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- Alexandra - May 26, 2015 - 7:08pm
Name My Band
- Lazy8 - May 26, 2015 - 6:07pm
The House I Want (Today)
- islander - May 26, 2015 - 4:50pm
Things You Thought Today
- islander - May 26, 2015 - 4:30pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- islander - May 26, 2015 - 4:29pm
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - May 26, 2015 - 4:16pm
What Did You Do Today?
- BlueHeronDruid - May 26, 2015 - 3:35pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- aflanigan - May 26, 2015 - 3:04pm
Little known information...maybe even facts
- aflanigan - May 26, 2015 - 2:27pm
Oklahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- kurtster - May 26, 2015 - 2:23pm
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- miamizsun - May 26, 2015 - 2:18pm
The Image Post
- VV - May 26, 2015 - 12:43pm
Out the window
- Proclivities - May 26, 2015 - 12:28pm
Counting with Pictures
- mrtuba9 - May 26, 2015 - 12:11pm
- DaveInVA - May 26, 2015 - 12:08pm
Do People Really Get What They Deserve?
- ScottFromWyoming - May 26, 2015 - 12:02pm
- Steely_D - May 26, 2015 - 11:08am
How's the weather?
- 2cats - May 26, 2015 - 11:01am
looking for a song - a long shot
- horacebork - May 26, 2015 - 9:01am
Radio Paradise Comments
- K_Love - May 26, 2015 - 8:13am
What's With All the "Fish"?
- Proclivities - May 26, 2015 - 8:08am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- ScottN - May 26, 2015 - 8:02am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - May 26, 2015 - 6:18am
Helpful emergency signs
- sirdroseph - May 26, 2015 - 5:05am
- sirdroseph - May 26, 2015 - 4:47am
how do you feel right now?
- kurtster - May 26, 2015 - 4:39am
Make Jrzy Laugh
- sirdroseph - May 26, 2015 - 4:36am
- RichardPrins - May 26, 2015 - 1:07am
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- haresfur - May 25, 2015 - 3:36pm
What did you have for dinner?
- Antigone - May 25, 2015 - 3:35pm
and i wonder...
- haresfur - May 25, 2015 - 3:34pm
::TCM:: Turner Classic Movies
- buzz - May 25, 2015 - 2:40pm
Streaming music and education
- iloveradio - May 25, 2015 - 11:27am
- Antigone - May 25, 2015 - 11:00am
Things I Saw Today...
- bokey - May 25, 2015 - 10:26am
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone
- oldviolin - May 25, 2015 - 9:04am
If not RP, what are you listening to right now?
- sirdroseph - May 25, 2015 - 5:48am
Cool New Inventions
- haresfur - May 25, 2015 - 12:13am
- RichardPrins - May 24, 2015 - 9:48pm
Chat on the RPorch
- onlylynne - May 24, 2015 - 9:21pm
Those Lovable Policemen
- RichardPrins - May 24, 2015 - 7:39pm
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- RichardPrins - May 24, 2015 - 6:48pm
- Proclivities - May 24, 2015 - 2:42pm
- Steely_D - May 24, 2015 - 12:37pm
Too commercial? Too mainstream?
- bokey - May 24, 2015 - 11:37am
- RichardPrins - May 24, 2015 - 10:29am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- triskele - May 24, 2015 - 10:17am
- oldviolin - May 24, 2015 - 9:47am
Internet Speed Test
- Beaker - May 24, 2015 - 7:43am
- Red_Dragon - May 24, 2015 - 5:46am
Movie rental suggestions & reviews - Netflix or Blockbuster
- DaveInVA - May 23, 2015 - 6:30pm
- RichardPrins - May 23, 2015 - 4:52pm
- haresfur - May 23, 2015 - 4:32pm
Films you're excited about.
- Alexandra - May 23, 2015 - 3:33pm
Ask the Libertarian
- porphyrius - May 23, 2015 - 2:16pm
Epic Facebook Statuses
- Red_Dragon - May 23, 2015 - 7:51am
- buddy - May 23, 2015 - 7:05am
- Proclivities - May 23, 2015 - 6:02am
Local Scandals, politics and news
- BlueHeronDruid - May 22, 2015 - 8:18pm
Please vote for us!
- Multi-Polar_Bear - May 22, 2015 - 5:26pm
The Dragons' Roost
- triskele - May 22, 2015 - 5:15pm
Show us your NEW _______________!!!!
- DaveInVA - May 22, 2015 - 4:10pm
The Global War on Terror
- RichardPrins - May 22, 2015 - 3:19pm
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.