- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 27, 2016 - 1:09pm
- Proclivities - Jun 27, 2016 - 1:02pm
Obama's Second Term
- buddy - Jun 27, 2016 - 12:51pm
Chicken your way
- Proclivities - Jun 27, 2016 - 12:27pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- steeler - Jun 27, 2016 - 12:22pm
The War on Women
- R_P - Jun 27, 2016 - 12:01pm
Bernie Sanders 2016? - #feelthebern
- Steely_D - Jun 27, 2016 - 11:56am
- R_P - Jun 27, 2016 - 11:46am
Game of Thrones
- bokey - Jun 27, 2016 - 11:23am
Radio Paradise Comments
- islander - Jun 27, 2016 - 10:35am
RP3 Beta Player
- buddy - Jun 27, 2016 - 10:32am
Post your vacation pictures here!
- islander - Jun 27, 2016 - 10:27am
- Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2016 - 10:26am
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Proclivities - Jun 27, 2016 - 10:07am
Things You Thought Today
- K_Love - Jun 27, 2016 - 9:07am
What Makes You Sad?
- bokey - Jun 27, 2016 - 8:53am
- westslope - Jun 27, 2016 - 8:50am
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 27, 2016 - 8:24am
Shall We Dance?
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 27, 2016 - 8:23am
What Makes You Cry :) ?
- DaveInVA - Jun 27, 2016 - 7:16am
Photos you haven't taken of yourself
- lily34 - Jun 27, 2016 - 6:23am
- lily34 - Jun 27, 2016 - 6:20am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2016 - 6:10am
- miamizsun - Jun 27, 2016 - 5:14am
- bokey - Jun 26, 2016 - 10:03pm
- Alexandra - Jun 26, 2016 - 9:07pm
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Jun 26, 2016 - 8:53pm
Country Up The Bumpkin
- oldviolin - Jun 26, 2016 - 8:46pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 26, 2016 - 8:43pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 26, 2016 - 8:18pm
And the good news is....
- Alexandra - Jun 26, 2016 - 7:36pm
- DaveInVA - Jun 26, 2016 - 7:22pm
What makes you smile?
- haresfur - Jun 26, 2016 - 6:21pm
- Beaker - Jun 26, 2016 - 5:31pm
Make aflanigan cry
- Beaker - Jun 26, 2016 - 3:00pm
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- Red_Dragon - Jun 26, 2016 - 2:28pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Jun 26, 2016 - 12:48pm
Back to the 00's
- R_P - Jun 26, 2016 - 11:45am
Back to the 70's
- rhahl - Jun 26, 2016 - 11:13am
BACK TO THE 80's
- aflanigan - Jun 26, 2016 - 11:13am
That's good advice
- Prodigal_SOB - Jun 26, 2016 - 11:11am
Texas Music, Y'all!
- aflanigan - Jun 26, 2016 - 10:57am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Jun 26, 2016 - 10:44am
Mixtape Culture Club
- rmgman - Jun 26, 2016 - 9:11am
- sirdroseph - Jun 26, 2016 - 7:10am
Back to the 60's
- rhahl - Jun 26, 2016 - 6:55am
The war on Funk is over!
- rhahl - Jun 26, 2016 - 6:35am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- 1000001786 - Jun 26, 2016 - 6:30am
The Global War on Terror
- porphyrius - Jun 25, 2016 - 7:58pm
- rhahl - Jun 25, 2016 - 7:49pm
Unindicted felon: candidate Hillary Clinton
- porphyrius - Jun 25, 2016 - 5:53pm
Public Messages in a Private Forum
- Red_Dragon - Jun 25, 2016 - 3:53pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- Lazy8 - Jun 25, 2016 - 3:50pm
What Makes You Laugh?
- Antigone - Jun 25, 2016 - 3:43pm
- Beaker - Jun 25, 2016 - 2:27pm
- aflanigan - Jun 25, 2016 - 1:19pm
The Obituary Page
- R_P - Jun 25, 2016 - 12:06pm
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Jun 25, 2016 - 10:51am
What Are You Grateful For?
- Beaker - Jun 25, 2016 - 10:22am
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - Jun 25, 2016 - 8:47am
Name My Band
- DaveInVA - Jun 25, 2016 - 8:33am
Caretakers Of Our Parents
- Alexandra - Jun 25, 2016 - 8:26am
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- R_P - Jun 24, 2016 - 7:45pm
- Beaker - Jun 24, 2016 - 6:20pm
You Fail !
- DaveInVA - Jun 24, 2016 - 6:04pm
design • creative
- Manbird - Jun 24, 2016 - 5:57pm
- Beaker - Jun 24, 2016 - 5:01pm
- DaveInVA - Jun 24, 2016 - 4:07pm
Radio Paradise en FM Haute Vallée de l'Arve sur 98MHZ
- AurÃ©lio - Jun 24, 2016 - 10:44am
Rules to Live By
- Proclivities - Jun 24, 2016 - 10:40am
Best Song Comments.
- lily34 - Jun 24, 2016 - 9:26am
Fitness • Health
- bokey - Jun 24, 2016 - 4:43am
- sirdroseph - Jun 24, 2016 - 2:23am
Post Your Rainbow Pictures
- Alexandra - Jun 23, 2016 - 9:44pm
How's the weather?
- olivertwist - Jun 23, 2016 - 5:27pm
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Me and Dead Steve
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.