- 2cats - Sep 2, 2014 - 10:33am
Private messages in a public forum
- n4ku - Sep 2, 2014 - 10:19am
- DaveInVA - Sep 2, 2014 - 10:12am
How's the weather?
- Prodigal_SOB - Sep 2, 2014 - 10:03am
Spambags on RP
- ScottN - Sep 2, 2014 - 9:57am
- cc_rider - Sep 2, 2014 - 9:22am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- DaveInVA - Sep 2, 2014 - 9:08am
Yet another quiz
- Prodigal_SOB - Sep 2, 2014 - 8:40am
- DaveInVA - Sep 2, 2014 - 8:30am
What Makes You Sad?
- K_Love - Sep 2, 2014 - 8:24am
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 2, 2014 - 8:01am
What Makes You Laugh?
- lily34 - Sep 2, 2014 - 7:41am
- RichardPrins - Sep 2, 2014 - 7:29am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- miamizsun - Sep 2, 2014 - 7:22am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- Coaxial - Sep 2, 2014 - 6:54am
Radio Paradise Comments
- Coaxial - Sep 2, 2014 - 6:46am
Will you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- Proclivities - Sep 2, 2014 - 6:30am
Those Lovable Policemen
- sirdroseph - Sep 2, 2014 - 6:28am
Cute Dog Video
- sirdroseph - Sep 2, 2014 - 5:54am
Things You Thought Today
- lily34 - Sep 2, 2014 - 5:33am
What makes you smile?
- Coaxial - Sep 2, 2014 - 5:28am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- lily34 - Sep 2, 2014 - 5:19am
- sirdroseph - Sep 2, 2014 - 5:18am
Sweet horrible irony.
- sirdroseph - Sep 2, 2014 - 4:50am
Name My Band
- Steely_D - Sep 1, 2014 - 7:33pm
- Alexandra - Sep 1, 2014 - 6:44pm
- DaveInVA - Sep 1, 2014 - 6:03pm
- haresfur - Sep 1, 2014 - 4:12pm
- Antigone - Sep 1, 2014 - 4:04pm
Top 10 things you didn't know about death
- Steely_D - Sep 1, 2014 - 4:04pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- Manbird - Sep 1, 2014 - 3:16pm
• • • BACON • • •
- DaveInVA - Sep 1, 2014 - 3:15pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- n4ku - Sep 1, 2014 - 2:55pm
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- 2cats - Sep 1, 2014 - 1:53pm
- DaveInVA - Sep 1, 2014 - 12:24pm
I don't know what to call this but I found it and it's funny
- DaveInVA - Sep 1, 2014 - 11:53am
- DaveInVA - Sep 1, 2014 - 10:12am
RPeep News You Should Know
- miamizsun - Sep 1, 2014 - 8:46am
- miamizsun - Sep 1, 2014 - 8:44am
Counting with Pictures
- ZM_Herb - Sep 1, 2014 - 8:01am
Today in History
- ScottN - Sep 1, 2014 - 6:48am
- DaveInVA - Sep 1, 2014 - 6:41am
The Best Web Schmingus Ever
- ScottN - Aug 31, 2014 - 8:45pm
What did you have for dinner?
- bokey - Aug 31, 2014 - 8:44pm
- DaveInVA - Aug 31, 2014 - 5:59pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- Antigone - Aug 31, 2014 - 5:58pm
- Antigone - Aug 31, 2014 - 5:56pm
- kurtster - Aug 31, 2014 - 5:54pm
Country Up The Bumpkin
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 31, 2014 - 5:12pm
Best Song Comments.
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 31, 2014 - 5:11pm
Movie quotes used as life's truisms
- Steely_D - Aug 31, 2014 - 3:38pm
What Did You Do Today?
- PoundPuppy - Aug 31, 2014 - 2:03pm
Things I Saw Today...
- oldviolin - Aug 31, 2014 - 12:06pm
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - Aug 31, 2014 - 11:03am
- oldviolin - Aug 31, 2014 - 10:42am
- Antigone - Aug 31, 2014 - 9:25am
The War On You
- DaveInVA - Aug 31, 2014 - 8:17am
Stuff I've Said Out Loud
- Antigone - Aug 31, 2014 - 6:46am
- Red_Dragon - Aug 31, 2014 - 6:27am
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore
- haresfur - Aug 30, 2014 - 11:15pm
- ScottN - Aug 30, 2014 - 4:00pm
- ScottN - Aug 30, 2014 - 3:53pm
Those lovable NSA/GCHQ/CSEC/DGSE/ASD/CIA guys
- RichardPrins - Aug 30, 2014 - 2:29pm
Greatest opening lyrics
- Alexandra - Aug 30, 2014 - 11:10am
Things that piss me off
- bokey - Aug 30, 2014 - 9:44am
Why are ALL RPeeps determined to find cause to argue in e...
- Red_Dragon - Aug 30, 2014 - 9:40am
- Alexandra - Aug 30, 2014 - 9:34am
Maps • Google • GeoGuessr
- thedoctork - Aug 29, 2014 - 11:51pm
~ Have a good joke you can post? ~
- K_Love - Aug 29, 2014 - 10:24pm
• • • What Makes You Happy? • • •
- PoundPuppy - Aug 29, 2014 - 5:23pm
What do you want to drive?
- DaveInVA - Aug 29, 2014 - 4:22pm
Museum Of Bad Album Covers
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 29, 2014 - 1:50pm
Make me a stereo system! (poof!!)
- DaveInVA - Aug 29, 2014 - 12:26pm
- miamizsun - Aug 29, 2014 - 12:13pm
songs that ROCK!
- Sean-E-Sean - Aug 29, 2014 - 12:12pm
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.