What Did You Do Today?
- Proclivities - Apr 28, 2015 - 12:44pm
RPeeps Ebay Auctions
- Proclivities - Apr 28, 2015 - 12:40pm
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Apr 28, 2015 - 12:37pm
Things You Thought Today
- bokey - Apr 28, 2015 - 11:53am
- triskele - Apr 28, 2015 - 11:01am
- DaveInVA - Apr 28, 2015 - 10:59am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- DaveInVA - Apr 28, 2015 - 10:32am
Excitable Boy: Zevon biography
- ColdMiser - Apr 28, 2015 - 10:20am
What's on SFW's PSD?
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 28, 2015 - 8:58am
- bokey - Apr 28, 2015 - 8:48am
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- bokey - Apr 28, 2015 - 8:47am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Proclivities - Apr 28, 2015 - 7:51am
- triskele - Apr 28, 2015 - 7:42am
Radio Paradise Comments
- islander - Apr 28, 2015 - 6:15am
Little known information...maybe even facts
- islander - Apr 28, 2015 - 6:11am
- sirdroseph - Apr 28, 2015 - 5:02am
Pick a sport, any sport
- haresfur - Apr 28, 2015 - 2:17am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Apr 27, 2015 - 11:55pm
- haresfur - Apr 27, 2015 - 11:21pm
Name My Band
- oldviolin - Apr 27, 2015 - 10:05pm
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- GeneP59 - Apr 27, 2015 - 3:25pm
- kurtster - Apr 27, 2015 - 3:23pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- Steely_D - Apr 27, 2015 - 11:42am
- Lazy8 - Apr 27, 2015 - 11:28am
How's the weather?
- triskele - Apr 27, 2015 - 11:26am
- Lazy8 - Apr 27, 2015 - 10:35am
Spambags on RP
- BillG - Apr 27, 2015 - 9:39am
Oklahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Apr 27, 2015 - 9:31am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- kurtster - Apr 27, 2015 - 9:27am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Apr 27, 2015 - 9:02am
Epic Facebook Statuses
- Steve - Apr 27, 2015 - 8:06am
Oh GOD, they're GAY!
- aflanigan - Apr 27, 2015 - 7:37am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- triskele - Apr 27, 2015 - 7:26am
- sirdroseph - Apr 27, 2015 - 6:39am
Movie rental suggestions & reviews - Netflix or Blockbuster
- Red_Dragon - Apr 27, 2015 - 6:09am
• • • Lost and Found • • •
- oldviolin - Apr 26, 2015 - 9:39pm
What makes you smile?
- Manbird - Apr 26, 2015 - 8:05pm
The Dragons' Roost
- triskele - Apr 26, 2015 - 4:02pm
Things I Saw Today...
- triskele - Apr 26, 2015 - 3:53pm
Stuff I've Said Out Loud
- haresfur - Apr 26, 2015 - 3:16pm
What Makes You Laugh?
- Alexandra - Apr 26, 2015 - 2:53pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- kurtster - Apr 26, 2015 - 1:42pm
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes.
- Antigone - Apr 26, 2015 - 12:46pm
• • • BACON • • •
- DaveInVA - Apr 26, 2015 - 10:27am
- 2cats - Apr 26, 2015 - 10:21am
Show us your NEW _______________!!!!
- Antigone - Apr 26, 2015 - 9:20am
Post Your Rainbow Pictures
- Alexandra - Apr 25, 2015 - 8:57pm
Cloud Gazing (Photos You've Taken)
- Alexandra - Apr 25, 2015 - 8:56pm
Waste Time At Work
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 25, 2015 - 8:50pm
Out the window
- Alexandra - Apr 25, 2015 - 8:50pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 25, 2015 - 8:49pm
- Manbird - Apr 25, 2015 - 7:10pm
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- Antigone - Apr 25, 2015 - 6:28pm
- oldviolin - Apr 25, 2015 - 5:31pm
- Coaxial - Apr 25, 2015 - 1:17pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 25, 2015 - 9:54am
- vinylbob - Apr 25, 2015 - 9:20am
- miamizsun - Apr 25, 2015 - 8:48am
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Apr 24, 2015 - 10:42pm
Speaking of Logos...
- islander - Apr 24, 2015 - 10:20pm
Make triskele smile
- BlueHeronDruid - Apr 24, 2015 - 8:24pm
- oldviolin - Apr 24, 2015 - 3:58pm
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - Apr 24, 2015 - 3:45pm
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone
- Sean-E-Sean - Apr 24, 2015 - 2:25pm
- oldviolin - Apr 24, 2015 - 12:40pm
The Image Post
- oldviolin - Apr 24, 2015 - 12:06pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Proclivities - Apr 24, 2015 - 11:40am
How much is your monthly cellphone bill?
- miamizsun - Apr 24, 2015 - 9:15am
Make Lily34 Laugh
- Coaxial - Apr 24, 2015 - 8:12am
Great guitar faces
- oldviolin - Apr 24, 2015 - 8:03am
Candidate Hillary Clinton
- oldviolin - Apr 24, 2015 - 7:47am
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- sirdroseph - Apr 24, 2015 - 6:40am
- 2cats - Apr 24, 2015 - 6:19am
- miamizsun - Apr 24, 2015 - 5:58am
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Apr 23, 2015 - 11:48pm
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.