- steeler - Jun 22, 2017 - 6:19pm
Name My Band
- steeler - Jun 22, 2017 - 6:08pm
What Are You Grateful For?
- triskele - Jun 22, 2017 - 5:45pm
- Red_Dragon - Jun 22, 2017 - 5:06pm
- westslope - Jun 22, 2017 - 4:13pm
What makes you smile?
- Antigone - Jun 22, 2017 - 3:29pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- islander - Jun 22, 2017 - 1:09pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- Steely_D - Jun 22, 2017 - 10:43am
- islander - Jun 22, 2017 - 10:21am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Jun 22, 2017 - 9:39am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Antigone - Jun 22, 2017 - 9:37am
Google's Creative Logos
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 22, 2017 - 9:22am
Australia has Disappeared
- islander - Jun 22, 2017 - 9:21am
Today in History
- Skydog - Jun 22, 2017 - 8:57am
Things that piss me off
- lily34 - Jun 22, 2017 - 5:29am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 22, 2017 - 5:00am
Things You Thought Today
- sirdroseph - Jun 22, 2017 - 4:19am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Jun 21, 2017 - 8:51pm
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- haresfur - Jun 21, 2017 - 7:41pm
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- Red_Dragon - Jun 21, 2017 - 5:28pm
Ask the Librarian
- haresfur - Jun 21, 2017 - 5:20pm
- westslope - Jun 21, 2017 - 12:53pm
The House I Want (Today)
- Antigone - Jun 21, 2017 - 10:57am
BATTLE OF THE ALBUM COVER ARTWORK
- Skydog - Jun 21, 2017 - 10:47am
Love & Hate
- Red_Dragon - Jun 21, 2017 - 10:18am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - Jun 21, 2017 - 3:43am
What Did You Do Today?
- buddy - Jun 21, 2017 - 12:35am
How's the weather?
- BlueHeronDruid - Jun 21, 2017 - 12:33am
Chemosabe, the further adventures of ...
- spammer - Jun 20, 2017 - 9:21pm
Cloud Gazing (Photos You've Taken)
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 20, 2017 - 7:44pm
Elvis Costello and the Imposters - Charlotte, NC
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 20, 2017 - 7:10pm
- Skydog - Jun 20, 2017 - 3:03pm
Graphic designers, ho's!
- Proclivities - Jun 20, 2017 - 1:01pm
- ScottN - Jun 20, 2017 - 9:55am
RP app for iphone - fills up your memory without deleting...
- saellig668552 - Jun 19, 2017 - 7:36pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- kcar - Jun 19, 2017 - 6:10pm
- haresfur - Jun 19, 2017 - 5:00pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- haresfur - Jun 19, 2017 - 4:45pm
- haresfur - Jun 19, 2017 - 4:43pm
Maybe it's just the beer talking...
- Proclivities - Jun 19, 2017 - 1:07pm
Keep filling Stream buffer on my Droid phone?
- BillG - Jun 19, 2017 - 8:52am
- Red_Dragon - Jun 19, 2017 - 6:20am
What are you listening to now?
- kurtster - Jun 19, 2017 - 2:49am
About the mobile app -- one enhancement I would LOVE
- lance.a.simon568 - Jun 18, 2017 - 1:39pm
I have no idea what this thread was about, but let's talk...
- Prodigal_SOB - Jun 18, 2017 - 11:44am
- R_P - Jun 18, 2017 - 10:56am
- SeriousLee - Jun 18, 2017 - 9:59am
- Skydog - Jun 18, 2017 - 7:57am
- maryte - Jun 17, 2017 - 9:49pm
Bill G. interview on KHUM
- westslope - Jun 17, 2017 - 5:08pm
Happy Father's Day
- Skydog - Jun 17, 2017 - 3:01pm
Back to the 70's
- rhahl - Jun 17, 2017 - 1:40pm
What Did You Have For Breakfast?
- triskele - Jun 17, 2017 - 7:00am
- rhahl - Jun 17, 2017 - 6:44am
Stupid Questions (and Answers)
- haresfur - Jun 16, 2017 - 3:29pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- Lazy8 - Jun 16, 2017 - 3:20pm
Yet another quiz
- SeriousLee - Jun 16, 2017 - 11:20am
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- SeriousLee - Jun 16, 2017 - 10:44am
SHOES SHOES SHOES
- Proclivities - Jun 16, 2017 - 7:03am
- Red_Dragon - Jun 16, 2017 - 6:34am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Jun 15, 2017 - 6:27pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Jun 15, 2017 - 6:19pm
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - Jun 15, 2017 - 6:17pm
Show us your NEW _______________!!!!
- haresfur - Jun 15, 2017 - 5:33pm
Prog Rockers Anonymous
- Steely_D - Jun 15, 2017 - 5:25pm
The Image Post
- oldviolin - Jun 15, 2017 - 5:10pm
And the good news is....
- Red_Dragon - Jun 15, 2017 - 4:47pm
- haresfur - Jun 15, 2017 - 4:26pm
Back to the 60's
- rhahl - Jun 15, 2017 - 2:20pm
- oldviolin - Jun 15, 2017 - 11:39am
- oldviolin - Jun 15, 2017 - 11:28am
What did you have for lunch?
- oldviolin - Jun 15, 2017 - 11:27am
Is it wrong to not want to listen to music I don't unders...
- sirdroseph - Jun 15, 2017 - 11:19am
What Makes You Laugh?
- oldviolin - Jun 15, 2017 - 11:09am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- Antigone - Jun 15, 2017 - 8:42am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
I see what you did there.
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.