You Fail !
- bokey - Nov 22, 2014 - 9:18pm
Buy Reddit Upvotes
- mislam933 - Nov 22, 2014 - 9:09pm
You might be getting old if......
- DaveInVA - Nov 22, 2014 - 7:03pm
Things that piss me off
- DaveInVA - Nov 22, 2014 - 6:57pm
The House I Want (Today)
- islander - Nov 22, 2014 - 6:25pm
Tech & Science
- DaveInVA - Nov 22, 2014 - 6:14pm
Name My Band
- Red_Dragon - Nov 22, 2014 - 5:50pm
RP App for Android
- bstjames - Nov 22, 2014 - 5:27pm
caching in iphone/ipad app
- swell_sailor - Nov 22, 2014 - 5:08pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- swell_sailor - Nov 22, 2014 - 4:48pm
How's the weather?
- SmilinJimmy - Nov 22, 2014 - 4:12pm
- ColdMiser - Nov 22, 2014 - 3:38pm
Things You Thought Today
- haresfur - Nov 22, 2014 - 1:21pm
GOD...CHANGE THIS STUPID PLAYLIST MAN!!!!!!
- Red_Dragon - Nov 22, 2014 - 12:38pm
- DaveInVA - Nov 22, 2014 - 11:53am
Caretakers Of Our Parents
- sirdroseph - Nov 22, 2014 - 11:52am
- triskele - Nov 22, 2014 - 10:29am
What Did You Do Today?
- Coaxial - Nov 22, 2014 - 10:24am
NEWS OF THE WEIRD - or - "All the News to Pitch a Fi...
- bokey - Nov 22, 2014 - 9:52am
What Makes You Sad?
- Alexandra - Nov 22, 2014 - 9:22am
What do you want to drive?
- sirdroseph - Nov 22, 2014 - 9:08am
What Did You Have For Breakfast?
- K_Love - Nov 22, 2014 - 9:01am
Will you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- ptooey - Nov 22, 2014 - 8:58am
- Beaker - Nov 22, 2014 - 8:48am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- Coaxial - Nov 22, 2014 - 7:59am
Vision Thing - UPDATE
- Coaxial - Nov 22, 2014 - 7:41am
Meetin' in the Ladies Room
- triskele - Nov 22, 2014 - 6:47am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Nov 22, 2014 - 5:54am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Proclivities - Nov 22, 2014 - 5:00am
Counting with Pictures
- fidget - Nov 22, 2014 - 4:03am
- ScottFromWyoming - Nov 22, 2014 - 2:20am
- Coaxial - Nov 22, 2014 - 2:02am
Radio Paradise Comments
- furoscame - Nov 22, 2014 - 12:14am
Maps • Google • GeoGuessr
- thedoctork - Nov 21, 2014 - 11:47pm
- ScottN - Nov 21, 2014 - 9:48pm
- buzz - Nov 21, 2014 - 8:57pm
Your Current Crush
- Southern_Boy - Nov 21, 2014 - 8:50pm
The Best Commercials
- Lesliemak - Nov 21, 2014 - 7:52pm
Obama's Second Term
- kurtster - Nov 21, 2014 - 4:05pm
- MrsHobieJoe - Nov 21, 2014 - 3:56pm
- Sean-E-Sean - Nov 21, 2014 - 3:04pm
- cc_rider - Nov 21, 2014 - 1:22pm
Great guitar faces
- sirdroseph - Nov 21, 2014 - 12:17pm
- sirdroseph - Nov 21, 2014 - 11:53am
The Lost Room
- Proclivities - Nov 21, 2014 - 11:10am
Station is ace, lovely, untill i play it to friends, then...
- averybadcat - Nov 21, 2014 - 10:26am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- BillG - Nov 21, 2014 - 10:14am
Vinyl Only Spin List
- ColdMiser - Nov 21, 2014 - 9:15am
- ColdMiser - Nov 21, 2014 - 9:08am
- oldviolin - Nov 21, 2014 - 7:21am
Country Up The Bumpkin
- oldviolin - Nov 21, 2014 - 7:03am
Make Lily34 Laugh
- lily34 - Nov 21, 2014 - 7:01am
- Proclivities - Nov 21, 2014 - 6:29am
- Proclivities - Nov 21, 2014 - 6:24am
What did you have for dinner?
- BlueHeronDruid - Nov 21, 2014 - 12:14am
Private messages in a public forum
- MsJudi - Nov 20, 2014 - 10:01pm
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- bokey - Nov 20, 2014 - 7:08pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- DaveInVA - Nov 20, 2014 - 7:01pm
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year
- Coaxial - Nov 20, 2014 - 6:40pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- rmgman - Nov 20, 2014 - 11:28am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- ScottN - Nov 20, 2014 - 11:09am
When I need a Laugh I ...
- Proclivities - Nov 20, 2014 - 9:52am
HALF A WORLD
- Proclivities - Nov 20, 2014 - 8:42am
A welcome from SPAM
- lily34 - Nov 20, 2014 - 8:20am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 20, 2014 - 8:03am
Best Song Comments.
- Alexandra - Nov 20, 2014 - 7:48am
Spambags on RP
- BillG - Nov 20, 2014 - 7:23am
- DaveInVA - Nov 20, 2014 - 7:13am
What Makes You Laugh?
- sirdroseph - Nov 20, 2014 - 5:42am
city kitties/cat doctor... rescues
- Red_Dragon - Nov 20, 2014 - 5:16am
Way Cool Video
- Alexandra - Nov 19, 2014 - 10:15pm
Pretty Darn Good Bass Lines - among the best....
- ptooey - Nov 19, 2014 - 8:19pm
What makes you smile?
- triskele - Nov 19, 2014 - 5:42pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- Coaxial - Nov 19, 2014 - 5:40pm
Listener Review Channel (LRC) Song Comments!
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 19, 2014 - 1:42pm
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.