All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- Antigone - Oct 25, 2016 - 1:21pm
- kurtster - Oct 25, 2016 - 1:20pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- Lazy8 - Oct 25, 2016 - 12:56pm
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- Antigone - Oct 25, 2016 - 12:33pm
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Oct 25, 2016 - 12:20pm
Unindicted felon: candidate Hillary Clinton
- Prodigal_SOB - Oct 25, 2016 - 12:02pm
How about an Ani DiFranco Mix CD?
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 25, 2016 - 11:58am
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- olivertwist - Oct 25, 2016 - 11:01am
Things that piss me off
- ptooey - Oct 25, 2016 - 10:44am
Best Song Comments.
- ptooey - Oct 25, 2016 - 10:26am
- Proclivities - Oct 25, 2016 - 10:25am
Radio Paradise Comments
- islander - Oct 25, 2016 - 9:17am
Strange signs, marquees, billboards, etc.
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 25, 2016 - 8:22am
Things You Thought Today
- lily34 - Oct 25, 2016 - 8:18am
Show us your NEW _______________!!!!
- Proclivities - Oct 25, 2016 - 7:09am
- joempie - Oct 25, 2016 - 6:08am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- olivertwist - Oct 25, 2016 - 6:01am
The war on Funk is over!
- rhahl - Oct 25, 2016 - 4:12am
- Coaxial - Oct 24, 2016 - 8:44pm
- ScottN - Oct 24, 2016 - 8:42pm
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 24, 2016 - 4:44pm
GHOST of HALLOWEEN, Past, Present, & Future
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 24, 2016 - 4:40pm
RP3 Beta Player
- BillG - Oct 24, 2016 - 3:07pm
Australia has Disappeared
- BlueHeronDruid - Oct 24, 2016 - 2:51pm
Name My Band
- haresfur - Oct 24, 2016 - 2:18pm
song of the year contest!
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 24, 2016 - 12:30pm
- oppositelock - Oct 24, 2016 - 12:10pm
- R_P - Oct 24, 2016 - 10:50am
Ask the Libertarian
- Lazy8 - Oct 24, 2016 - 10:34am
What Makes You Laugh?
- helenofjoy - Oct 24, 2016 - 8:19am
RP Android Beta (new App), unable to reply comments
- CHuLoYo - Oct 24, 2016 - 4:22am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - Oct 24, 2016 - 4:18am
RP App for Android
- TonyApuzzo - Oct 23, 2016 - 10:10pm
What Did You See Today?
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 23, 2016 - 9:36pm
- haresfur - Oct 23, 2016 - 4:26pm
This is amazing!
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 23, 2016 - 1:49pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 23, 2016 - 1:46pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- oldviolin - Oct 23, 2016 - 1:15pm
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- Antigone - Oct 23, 2016 - 7:58am
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- PoundPuppy - Oct 23, 2016 - 7:09am
Country Up The Bumpkin
- sirdroseph - Oct 23, 2016 - 5:33am
Name My Album
- SeriousLee - Oct 23, 2016 - 5:14am
Music makes beer taste better
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2016 - 8:06am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2016 - 7:39am
Today in History
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2016 - 7:30am
Those Lovable Policemen
- Beaker - Oct 21, 2016 - 10:30pm
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- Antigone - Oct 21, 2016 - 3:05pm
What Did You Do Today?
- PoundPuppy - Oct 21, 2016 - 2:46pm
Post Your Rainbow Pictures
- SeriousLee - Oct 21, 2016 - 10:07am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Oct 21, 2016 - 9:36am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 21, 2016 - 8:49am
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- Proclivities - Oct 21, 2016 - 7:51am
punk? hip-hop? metal? noise? garage?
- Proclivities - Oct 21, 2016 - 7:00am
HALF A WORLD
- Proclivities - Oct 21, 2016 - 6:36am
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Oct 21, 2016 - 5:15am
Films you're excited about.
- Red_Dragon - Oct 21, 2016 - 4:57am
- Steely_D - Oct 21, 2016 - 12:18am
Party planning advice
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 20, 2016 - 9:44am
The Image Post
- islander - Oct 19, 2016 - 3:51pm
Pittsburgh is cool...
- haresfur - Oct 19, 2016 - 3:06pm
PLAYING a LIST
- martinsadoslados452 - Oct 19, 2016 - 11:51am
- LowPhreak - Oct 19, 2016 - 11:41am
Things that make you smirk
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 19, 2016 - 10:31am
Have your own Viking child!!
- oldviolin - Oct 19, 2016 - 7:40am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- lily34 - Oct 19, 2016 - 6:47am
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone
- oldviolin - Oct 19, 2016 - 6:43am
Those Crazy Condiments
- lily34 - Oct 19, 2016 - 6:32am
What makes you smile?
- Antigone - Oct 19, 2016 - 5:30am
- haresfur - Oct 18, 2016 - 5:30pm
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- BlueHeronDruid - Oct 18, 2016 - 5:05pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 18, 2016 - 9:36am
The power of nightmares
- R_P - Oct 18, 2016 - 8:38am
Yet another quiz
- Prodigal_SOB - Oct 18, 2016 - 8:36am
- Proclivities - Oct 18, 2016 - 7:22am
Obama's Second Term
- bokey - Oct 18, 2016 - 6:14am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“Why would anyone do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?” - Hank Hill
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.