Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Sep 24, 2016 - 5:05pm
Unindicted felon: candidate Hillary Clinton
- kurtster - Sep 24, 2016 - 5:03pm
Show us your NEW _______________!!!!
- JrzyTmata - Sep 24, 2016 - 5:00pm
The war on Funk is over!
- rhahl - Sep 24, 2016 - 4:43pm
Ask the Libertarian
- Lazy8 - Sep 24, 2016 - 4:37pm
- rhahl - Sep 24, 2016 - 3:41pm
Back to the 70's
- rhahl - Sep 24, 2016 - 3:12pm
What makes you smile?
- Antigone - Sep 24, 2016 - 3:04pm
Cloud Gazing (Photos You've Taken)
- Zep - Sep 24, 2016 - 12:08pm
Curious; why is RP discontinuing the merchandise?
- Steely_D - Sep 24, 2016 - 10:56am
The All-Things Beatles Forum
- miamizsun - Sep 24, 2016 - 10:46am
How's the weather?
- olivertwist - Sep 24, 2016 - 9:15am
- marko86 - Sep 24, 2016 - 6:34am
- sirdroseph - Sep 24, 2016 - 5:13am
- Prodigal_SOB - Sep 23, 2016 - 10:02pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 23, 2016 - 8:32pm
Australia has Disappeared
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 23, 2016 - 8:29pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 23, 2016 - 8:27pm
Name My Band
- Antigone - Sep 23, 2016 - 5:45pm
RP3 Beta Player
- swart - Sep 23, 2016 - 5:44pm
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Rod - Sep 23, 2016 - 3:48pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- SeriousLee - Sep 23, 2016 - 3:46pm
Little known information...maybe even facts
- SeriousLee - Sep 23, 2016 - 3:35pm
Things You Thought Today
- Antigone - Sep 23, 2016 - 2:49pm
No more commercials please
- aflanigan - Sep 23, 2016 - 1:59pm
- DaveInVA - Sep 23, 2016 - 1:41pm
Best Song Comments.
- Proclivities - Sep 23, 2016 - 11:30am
RPeeps I miss.
- Antigone - Sep 23, 2016 - 10:47am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- LowPhreak - Sep 23, 2016 - 10:00am
Re-written stories or headlines
- Red_Dragon - Sep 23, 2016 - 9:48am
What Did You Do Today?
- islander - Sep 23, 2016 - 9:37am
What Makes You Laugh?
- islander - Sep 23, 2016 - 9:37am
how do you feel right now?
- Antigone - Sep 23, 2016 - 9:21am
Radio Paradise Comments
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 23, 2016 - 8:21am
End of the Journals ?
- steeler - Sep 23, 2016 - 6:40am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- Coaxial - Sep 23, 2016 - 5:15am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- miamizsun - Sep 23, 2016 - 5:05am
- SeriousLee - Sep 23, 2016 - 2:58am
- DaveInVA - Sep 22, 2016 - 7:23pm
Make Lily34 Laugh
- rhahl - Sep 22, 2016 - 5:20pm
Covers that are better than the original
- olivertwist - Sep 22, 2016 - 4:21pm
- miamizsun - Sep 22, 2016 - 3:36pm
- miamizsun - Sep 22, 2016 - 3:28pm
Para bailar la bamba
- Spacecadet666 - Sep 22, 2016 - 2:41pm
Atlanta, GA 5:00 Whistle
- miamizsun - Sep 22, 2016 - 2:36pm
Medicate My Life
- bokey - Sep 22, 2016 - 1:29pm
Graphs, Charts & Maps
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 22, 2016 - 9:55am
The Obituary Page
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 22, 2016 - 9:31am
This is amazing!
- Antigone - Sep 22, 2016 - 8:00am
- Beaker - Sep 22, 2016 - 7:40am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Sep 22, 2016 - 6:59am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- lily34 - Sep 22, 2016 - 6:00am
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- djkayce - Sep 22, 2016 - 5:35am
What Makes You Sad?
- meower - Sep 22, 2016 - 5:20am
- Alexandra - Sep 21, 2016 - 9:40pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- fractalv - Sep 21, 2016 - 8:40pm
The Geek Thread
- Red_Dragon - Sep 21, 2016 - 6:23pm
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Sep 21, 2016 - 6:22pm
- kctomato - Sep 21, 2016 - 6:21pm
Learn something every day
- oldviolin - Sep 21, 2016 - 2:57pm
The Image Post
- Lazy8 - Sep 21, 2016 - 1:56pm
- rhahl - Sep 21, 2016 - 12:49pm
iOS latest update now cache does not fill completely
- AgentJ - Sep 21, 2016 - 12:33pm
Public Messages in a Private Forum
- kurtster - Sep 21, 2016 - 11:59am
Country Up The Bumpkin
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 21, 2016 - 9:40am
Rejected submission, but can't understand why
- CHuLoYo - Sep 21, 2016 - 9:11am
SHOES SHOES SHOES
- DaveInVA - Sep 21, 2016 - 8:27am
No playback with Google Chrome
- waltwarren - Sep 21, 2016 - 8:14am
John Boehner, Speaker of the House
- miamizsun - Sep 21, 2016 - 7:51am
- miamizsun - Sep 21, 2016 - 7:43am
- Proclivities - Sep 21, 2016 - 6:48am
Vinyl Only Spin List
- ColdMiser - Sep 21, 2016 - 6:35am
DQ (as in 'Daily Quote')
- miamizsun - Sep 21, 2016 - 4:03am
What are you listening to now?
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 20, 2016 - 7:37pm
BUY LOCALLY GROWN PRODUCE(Screw the BIG BOXES)
- oldviolin - Sep 20, 2016 - 5:34pm
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Slow but sure.
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“Why would anyone do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?” - Hank Hill
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.