- R_P - May 2, 2016 - 9:36pm
You might be getting old if......
- Alexandra - May 2, 2016 - 9:03pm
How's the weather?
- BlueHeronDruid - May 2, 2016 - 8:32pm
- bokey - May 2, 2016 - 7:36pm
RP3 Beta Player
- ScottFromWyoming - May 2, 2016 - 5:49pm
- Skydog - May 2, 2016 - 5:07pm
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- DaveInVA - May 2, 2016 - 4:52pm
Things You Thought Today
- DaveInVA - May 2, 2016 - 4:22pm
The Obituary Page
- R_P - May 2, 2016 - 2:21pm
- R_P - May 2, 2016 - 2:03pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- VV - May 2, 2016 - 1:42pm
Strange & Cool Music
- Proclivities - May 2, 2016 - 1:33pm
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes.
- Skydog - May 2, 2016 - 12:56pm
- black321 - May 2, 2016 - 12:36pm
- lily34 - May 2, 2016 - 11:31am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- BlueHeronDruid - May 2, 2016 - 11:05am
- Proclivities - May 2, 2016 - 11:01am
Make Lily34 Laugh
- lily34 - May 2, 2016 - 10:40am
Calling all beta testers
- BillG - May 2, 2016 - 10:23am
What the world needs now is ....
- Proclivities - May 2, 2016 - 10:01am
Name My Band
- DaveInVA - May 2, 2016 - 9:39am
Your Bread & Butter
- Proclivities - May 2, 2016 - 9:29am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- meower - May 2, 2016 - 9:16am
What Did You Do Today?
- DaveInVA - May 2, 2016 - 8:37am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- BillG - May 2, 2016 - 8:32am
Strange signs, marquees, billboards, etc.
- n4ku - May 2, 2016 - 7:53am
The All-Things Beatles Forum
- Coaxial - May 2, 2016 - 7:20am
Radio Paradise Comments
- lily34 - May 2, 2016 - 7:13am
- Proclivities - May 2, 2016 - 6:41am
The End of Europe
- Kaw - May 2, 2016 - 6:12am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- DaveInVA - May 2, 2016 - 5:29am
Game of Thrones
- miamizsun - May 2, 2016 - 5:12am
- sirdroseph - May 2, 2016 - 5:01am
What Makes You Laugh?
- sirdroseph - May 2, 2016 - 4:39am
Random Solutions - Random Advice
- kurtster - May 2, 2016 - 4:29am
Bush-Saudi 9/11 Coverup
- kurtster - May 2, 2016 - 4:05am
Best Song Comments.
- ScottFromWyoming - May 2, 2016 - 1:45am
~ Have a good joke you can post? ~
- ScottFromWyoming - May 1, 2016 - 8:50pm
- R_P - May 1, 2016 - 5:42pm
- aflanigan - May 1, 2016 - 4:36pm
Other good Internet radio stations
- SeriousLee - May 1, 2016 - 3:47pm
- R_P - May 1, 2016 - 2:05pm
Little known information...maybe even facts
- DaveInVA - May 1, 2016 - 8:54am
- rotekz - May 1, 2016 - 8:38am
- Red_Dragon - May 1, 2016 - 7:02am
- Antigone - May 1, 2016 - 5:48am
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 30, 2016 - 9:25pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- Alchemist - Apr 30, 2016 - 9:18pm
The Prince topic
- muzik - Apr 30, 2016 - 5:41pm
- Red_Dragon - Apr 30, 2016 - 5:04pm
- haresfur - Apr 30, 2016 - 4:56pm
- Antigone - Apr 30, 2016 - 4:44pm
What makes you smile?
- PoundPuppy - Apr 30, 2016 - 4:27pm
Tech & Science
- DaveInVA - Apr 30, 2016 - 12:39pm
Make me a stereo system! (poof!!)
- kurtster - Apr 30, 2016 - 8:30am
What did you have for dinner?
- DaveInVA - Apr 30, 2016 - 7:21am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Apr 30, 2016 - 7:06am
Things that piss me off
- DaveInVA - Apr 30, 2016 - 7:01am
Phine Phound Photographs
- sirdroseph - Apr 30, 2016 - 6:13am
Your Current Crush
- porphyrius - Apr 29, 2016 - 7:37pm
Unindicted felon: candidate Hillary Clinton
- rotekz - Apr 29, 2016 - 7:09pm
- porphyrius - Apr 29, 2016 - 5:21pm
Phillip K. DIck
- R_P - Apr 29, 2016 - 4:12pm
how do you feel right now?
- Alexandra - Apr 29, 2016 - 3:19pm
- rotekz - Apr 29, 2016 - 1:47pm
Mars Exploration Rover Mission Status
- Skydog - Apr 29, 2016 - 1:18pm
- Red_Dragon - Apr 29, 2016 - 11:34am
- Alexandra - Apr 29, 2016 - 11:07am
The Image Post
- Proclivities - Apr 29, 2016 - 11:05am
Oklahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 29, 2016 - 10:33am
- sirdroseph - Apr 29, 2016 - 9:42am
- Alexandra - Apr 29, 2016 - 9:16am
New RP OS X app on Apple App Store
- earthtrip - Apr 29, 2016 - 9:09am
What Makes You Sad?
- ptooey - Apr 29, 2016 - 8:07am
Word of the Day
- ScottN - Apr 29, 2016 - 7:42am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Me and Dead Steve
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.