- aflanigan - Dec 9, 2016 - 2:49pm
Counting with Pictures
- SeriousLee - Dec 9, 2016 - 2:34pm
- n4ku - Dec 9, 2016 - 1:39pm
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Proclivities - Dec 9, 2016 - 1:38pm
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2016 - 1:27pm
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK!
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 9, 2016 - 1:06pm
- miamizsun - Dec 9, 2016 - 12:40pm
What Makes You Sad?
- PoundPuppy - Dec 9, 2016 - 12:38pm
Things You Thought Today
- Proclivities - Dec 9, 2016 - 12:22pm
Is my Avatar to small?
- Coaxial - Dec 9, 2016 - 12:06pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- Lazy8 - Dec 9, 2016 - 12:06pm
The Burrito Chronicles
- Coaxial - Dec 9, 2016 - 11:48am
Apple TV App settings
- drathgeber - Dec 9, 2016 - 11:46am
Name My Band
- Proclivities - Dec 9, 2016 - 11:40am
What Puts You In the Christmas Mood?
- lily34 - Dec 9, 2016 - 11:29am
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 9, 2016 - 11:28am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- EdEastridge - Dec 9, 2016 - 10:31am
Radio Paradise Comments
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2016 - 10:08am
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- islander - Dec 9, 2016 - 9:44am
- miamizsun - Dec 9, 2016 - 9:03am
- Skydog - Dec 9, 2016 - 9:00am
What Are You Grateful For?
- Antigone - Dec 9, 2016 - 7:43am
Is Anybody Listening?
- Proclivities - Dec 9, 2016 - 7:08am
Stinks Like Fish
- Skydog - Dec 9, 2016 - 6:28am
- Coaxial - Dec 9, 2016 - 5:29am
How's the weather?
- SeriousLee - Dec 9, 2016 - 3:43am
Pressed Under The Milkly Way
- Coaxial - Dec 8, 2016 - 9:31pm
- haresfur - Dec 8, 2016 - 9:16pm
- Coaxial - Dec 8, 2016 - 9:14pm
- Red_Dragon - Dec 8, 2016 - 7:05pm
What Did You Do Today?
- jadewahoo - Dec 8, 2016 - 6:37pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Dec 8, 2016 - 5:53pm
You might be getting old if......
- haresfur - Dec 8, 2016 - 1:55pm
kurtster's quiet vinyl
- Skydog - Dec 8, 2016 - 1:52pm
- miamizsun - Dec 8, 2016 - 10:31am
- Antigone - Dec 8, 2016 - 9:16am
Favorite Classical Music
- miamizsun - Dec 8, 2016 - 9:13am
Today in History
- Skydog - Dec 8, 2016 - 8:59am
What Makes You Laugh?
- Antigone - Dec 8, 2016 - 8:50am
Marijuana: Baked News.
- kurtster - Dec 8, 2016 - 8:14am
TV shows you watch
- miamizsun - Dec 8, 2016 - 4:33am
RP on Amazon Alexa
- miamizsun - Dec 8, 2016 - 4:10am
Obama's Second Term
- kurtster - Dec 7, 2016 - 4:56pm
The End of Europe
- Red_Dragon - Dec 7, 2016 - 4:31pm
RP App for Android
- Cartographer - Dec 7, 2016 - 4:30pm
soul / R & B ?
- miamizsun - Dec 7, 2016 - 2:47pm
Back to the 60's
- Skydog - Dec 7, 2016 - 12:12pm
Cant see my favorites on the website
- sofiryef - Dec 7, 2016 - 11:05am
RP3 Beta Player
- dedgell - Dec 7, 2016 - 10:58am
What did you have for lunch?
- aflanigan - Dec 7, 2016 - 10:49am
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- Red_Dragon - Dec 7, 2016 - 6:54am
Got your Christmas lights up yet?
- miamizsun - Dec 7, 2016 - 5:34am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- Alchemist - Dec 7, 2016 - 12:48am
- Red_Dragon - Dec 6, 2016 - 5:10pm
Entrepreneurial ideas that are sure-fire 'winners'
- skyguy - Dec 6, 2016 - 2:57pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 6, 2016 - 1:28pm
- Proclivities - Dec 6, 2016 - 1:01pm
Movie rental suggestions & reviews - Netflix or Blockbuster
- K_Love - Dec 6, 2016 - 11:38am
Worst movies ever?
- Red_Dragon - Dec 6, 2016 - 11:31am
Make Lily34 Laugh
- K_Love - Dec 6, 2016 - 11:12am
- Skydog - Dec 6, 2016 - 10:08am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- miamizsun - Dec 6, 2016 - 9:24am
The Image Post
- Proclivities - Dec 6, 2016 - 7:40am
Using the cache on an Android Phone
- fedtho - Dec 6, 2016 - 5:56am
- Skydog - Dec 6, 2016 - 5:04am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- triskele - Dec 6, 2016 - 4:32am
- kurtster - Dec 5, 2016 - 5:44pm
- n4ku - Dec 5, 2016 - 5:36pm
- katzendogs - Dec 5, 2016 - 4:11pm
- aflanigan - Dec 5, 2016 - 2:02pm
Manbird's Episiotomy Stitch Licking Clinic - KEEP OUT
- Coaxial - Dec 5, 2016 - 12:59pm
- aflanigan - Dec 5, 2016 - 12:24pm
Christmas in July
- aflanigan - Dec 5, 2016 - 12:11pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- Red_Dragon - Dec 5, 2016 - 11:53am
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 5, 2016 - 8:51am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“Why would anyone do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?” - Hank Hill
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.