Caretakers Of Our Parents
- MsJudi - Apr 23, 2014 - 12:31pm
MANBIRD: appropriate or not? Dicuss.
- Red_Dragon - Apr 23, 2014 - 12:22pm
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - Apr 23, 2014 - 12:21pm
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Apr 23, 2014 - 12:13pm
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Apr 23, 2014 - 12:09pm
- Red_Dragon - Apr 23, 2014 - 12:09pm
Things that piss me off
- oldviolin - Apr 23, 2014 - 12:08pm
- bokey - Apr 23, 2014 - 12:03pm
What makes you smile?
- bokey - Apr 23, 2014 - 11:44am
- bokey - Apr 23, 2014 - 11:41am
Beta Testers wanted for new Android App
- ditty - Apr 23, 2014 - 11:19am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Apr 23, 2014 - 10:56am
- RichardPrins - Apr 23, 2014 - 10:30am
- meower - Apr 23, 2014 - 10:00am
- RichardPrins - Apr 23, 2014 - 9:40am
Country Up The Bumpkin
- oldviolin - Apr 23, 2014 - 9:33am
- Antigone - Apr 23, 2014 - 9:30am
Spambags on RP
- BillG - Apr 23, 2014 - 9:21am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - Apr 23, 2014 - 9:16am
Radio Paradise Comments
- Coaxial - Apr 23, 2014 - 9:13am
Free Books and Free Culture Online
- RichardPrins - Apr 23, 2014 - 9:13am
THANKS *insert name of current occupant of the white hous...
- kurtster - Apr 23, 2014 - 8:56am
What Makes You Laugh?
- lily34 - Apr 23, 2014 - 8:45am
- oldviolin - Apr 23, 2014 - 8:32am
Graphs, Charts & Maps
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 23, 2014 - 8:31am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Apr 23, 2014 - 8:29am
Who is this band?
- lily34 - Apr 23, 2014 - 7:17am
Name My Band
- Red_Dragon - Apr 23, 2014 - 6:34am
Internet Speed Test
- n4ku - Apr 23, 2014 - 6:26am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Apr 23, 2014 - 6:21am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- sirdroseph - Apr 23, 2014 - 6:18am
- lily34 - Apr 23, 2014 - 5:33am
Make BHD laugh
- Red_Dragon - Apr 23, 2014 - 4:54am
Listener Review Channel (LRC) Song Comments!
- andreicio - Apr 23, 2014 - 4:21am
- haresfur - Apr 23, 2014 - 4:00am
Word of the Day
- BlueHeronDruid - Apr 23, 2014 - 2:17am
Happy Earth Day
- RichardPrins - Apr 22, 2014 - 9:20pm
- haresfur - Apr 22, 2014 - 5:37pm
- Antigone - Apr 22, 2014 - 5:06pm
How much is your monthly cellphone bill?
- bokey - Apr 22, 2014 - 4:56pm
Things You Thought Today
- islander - Apr 22, 2014 - 4:20pm
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes.
- BlueHeronDruid - Apr 22, 2014 - 4:15pm
how do you feel right now?
- haresfur - Apr 22, 2014 - 3:45pm
Those Lovable Policemen
- Red_Dragon - Apr 22, 2014 - 3:26pm
- miamizsun - Apr 22, 2014 - 2:43pm
PUNS - BIRDS
- miamizsun - Apr 22, 2014 - 2:21pm
• • • BACON • • •
- ScottN - Apr 22, 2014 - 1:32pm
- DaveInVA - Apr 22, 2014 - 1:01pm
From where do you listen RP?
- lilyzab - Apr 22, 2014 - 12:22pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- DaveInVA - Apr 22, 2014 - 11:18am
Random Solutions - Random Advice
- Proclivities - Apr 22, 2014 - 11:01am
Movie rental suggestions & reviews - Netflix or Blockbuster
- FourFortyEight - Apr 22, 2014 - 9:05am
- miamizsun - Apr 22, 2014 - 8:55am
- Red_Dragon - Apr 22, 2014 - 8:52am
Have you ever purchased anything from a telemarketer
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 22, 2014 - 6:59am
Obama's Second Term
- Red_Dragon - Apr 22, 2014 - 6:52am
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- Proclivities - Apr 22, 2014 - 6:09am
SET LIST HELP!!!
- kurtster - Apr 22, 2014 - 6:08am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- swell_sailor - Apr 22, 2014 - 6:03am
Artists played on RP - that you've seen live
- MartyF - Apr 22, 2014 - 3:36am
What's the first concert you ever went to?
- MartyF - Apr 22, 2014 - 3:32am
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 22, 2014 - 12:43am
Show us your rp 'shirts and stuff'
- MartyF - Apr 22, 2014 - 12:26am
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- prony - Apr 21, 2014 - 9:36pm
The Burrito Chronicles
- BlueHeronDruid - Apr 21, 2014 - 8:20pm
What Did You Do Today?
- swell_sailor - Apr 21, 2014 - 5:10pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- haresfur - Apr 21, 2014 - 4:13pm
have you heard...
- miamizsun - Apr 21, 2014 - 2:27pm
::TCM:: Turner Classic Movies
- aflanigan - Apr 21, 2014 - 2:08pm
- aflanigan - Apr 21, 2014 - 1:31pm
Make Lily34 Laugh
- 2cats - Apr 21, 2014 - 12:55pm
- ScottN - Apr 21, 2014 - 12:01pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Apr 21, 2014 - 11:30am
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- helenofjoy - Apr 21, 2014 - 10:19am
Oklahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Apr 21, 2014 - 10:12am
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.