Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant Massacree
- oldviolin - Nov 26, 2015 - 3:49pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- MrsHobieJoe - Nov 26, 2015 - 11:42am
- islander - Nov 26, 2015 - 11:27am
What's that smell?
- Antigone - Nov 26, 2015 - 9:31am
Things You Thought Today
- Alexandra - Nov 26, 2015 - 9:30am
- Steely_D - Nov 26, 2015 - 9:16am
Radio Paradise Comments
- buddy - Nov 26, 2015 - 9:13am
Spambags on RP
- BillG - Nov 26, 2015 - 8:13am
What are you listening to now?
- sirdroseph - Nov 26, 2015 - 7:38am
- sirdroseph - Nov 26, 2015 - 7:07am
Name My Band
- DaveInVA - Nov 26, 2015 - 7:02am
If not RP, what are you listening to right now?
- sirdroseph - Nov 26, 2015 - 6:55am
- helenofjoy - Nov 26, 2015 - 6:25am
- helenofjoy - Nov 26, 2015 - 6:25am
- Antigone - Nov 26, 2015 - 6:22am
- buzz - Nov 26, 2015 - 5:48am
Memorials - Remembering Our Loved Ones
- Antigone - Nov 26, 2015 - 5:07am
Today, I learned...
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Nov 26, 2015 - 4:55am
- ScottN - Nov 26, 2015 - 4:33am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- helenofjoy - Nov 26, 2015 - 4:05am
Websites you created yourself.
- ScottFromWyoming - Nov 25, 2015 - 10:54pm
♥ ♥ ♥ Vote For Pie ♥ ♥ ♥
- ScottFromWyoming - Nov 25, 2015 - 8:48pm
What Did You See Today?
- islander - Nov 25, 2015 - 6:42pm
Caretakers Of Our Parents
- Coaxial - Nov 25, 2015 - 5:54pm
Tech & Science
- haresfur - Nov 25, 2015 - 4:26pm
The Image Post
- oldviolin - Nov 25, 2015 - 4:13pm
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- katzendogs - Nov 25, 2015 - 4:12pm
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes.
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 25, 2015 - 3:44pm
Fix My Car
- haresfur - Nov 25, 2015 - 2:54pm
- DaveInVA - Nov 25, 2015 - 1:02pm
Admit your guilty pleasure music here.
- ScottFromWyoming - Nov 25, 2015 - 12:22pm
Bokey's no political discussion thread
- islander - Nov 25, 2015 - 10:13am
- miamizsun - Nov 25, 2015 - 10:05am
- buddy - Nov 25, 2015 - 8:50am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- BillG - Nov 25, 2015 - 7:28am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Nov 25, 2015 - 5:29am
- miamizsun - Nov 25, 2015 - 5:18am
- ScottFromWyoming - Nov 25, 2015 - 5:10am
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year
- miamizsun - Nov 25, 2015 - 5:05am
Mixtape Culture Club
- Lazy8 - Nov 24, 2015 - 9:14pm
Things that piss me off
- - Dec 31, 1969 - 4:00pm
Obama's Second Term
- kurtster - Nov 24, 2015 - 5:53pm
- n4ku - Nov 24, 2015 - 5:50pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Nov 24, 2015 - 5:49pm
What Did You Do Today?
- Manbird - Nov 24, 2015 - 5:40pm
Vinyl Only Spin List
- DaveInVA - Nov 24, 2015 - 1:35pm
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- DaveInVA - Nov 24, 2015 - 1:34pm
Streaming National Public Radio NPR.org
- westslope - Nov 24, 2015 - 12:35pm
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Nov 24, 2015 - 11:08am
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- Red_Dragon - Nov 24, 2015 - 10:34am
What makes you smile?
- Steely_D - Nov 24, 2015 - 10:24am
Candidate Hillary Clinton
- Lazy8 - Nov 24, 2015 - 9:29am
Roku streaming problems, only the RP channel
- Relayer - Nov 24, 2015 - 8:41am
What Makes You Laugh?
- sirdroseph - Nov 24, 2015 - 8:27am
- sirdroseph - Nov 24, 2015 - 8:22am
That's good advice
- oldviolin - Nov 24, 2015 - 8:11am
Triskele and The Grateful Dead
- Red_Dragon - Nov 24, 2015 - 7:59am
- Red_Dragon - Nov 24, 2015 - 7:31am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- VV - Nov 24, 2015 - 6:30am
Way Cool Video
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Nov 24, 2015 - 6:12am
The Dragons' Roost
- miamizsun - Nov 24, 2015 - 4:50am
Movies to avoid?
- miamizsun - Nov 24, 2015 - 4:42am
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- BlueHeronDruid - Nov 24, 2015 - 12:36am
RP Musicians Forum
- oldviolin - Nov 23, 2015 - 8:46pm
- kurtster - Nov 23, 2015 - 5:22pm
- Bill_Rockoff - Nov 23, 2015 - 5:07pm
Other Medical Stuff
- oldviolin - Nov 23, 2015 - 4:53pm
- oldviolin - Nov 23, 2015 - 4:30pm
- MrsHobieJoe - Nov 23, 2015 - 3:30pm
- Steely_D - Nov 23, 2015 - 2:28pm
Cool Stuff I Really Want
- miamizsun - Nov 23, 2015 - 2:26pm
- DaveInVA - Nov 23, 2015 - 1:31pm
Once upon a time...
- Proclivities - Nov 23, 2015 - 11:52am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- Antigone - Nov 23, 2015 - 4:57am
Amazon Products for Fun and Amusement
- ScottN - Nov 22, 2015 - 9:38pm
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.