The war on Funk is over!
- rhahl - May 29, 2016 - 9:32pm
The Image Post
- Lazy8 - May 29, 2016 - 9:32pm
BACK TO THE 80's
- rhahl - May 29, 2016 - 8:14pm
- Steely_D - May 29, 2016 - 7:45pm
Back to the 70's
- rhahl - May 29, 2016 - 7:14pm
Back to the 90's
- R_P - May 29, 2016 - 6:19pm
- R_P - May 29, 2016 - 6:14pm
Unindicted felon: candidate Hillary Clinton
- rhahl - May 29, 2016 - 5:39pm
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- muzik - May 29, 2016 - 5:25pm
- bokey - May 29, 2016 - 5:14pm
Name My Band
- SeriousLee - May 29, 2016 - 3:49pm
Country Up The Bumpkin
- haresfur - May 29, 2016 - 3:46pm
- ErikX - May 29, 2016 - 3:29pm
- DaveInVA - May 29, 2016 - 2:18pm
Back to the 00's
- KurtfromLaQuinta - May 29, 2016 - 2:01pm
What makes you smile?
- Steely_D - May 29, 2016 - 1:13pm
- R_P - May 29, 2016 - 12:19pm
- rhahl - May 29, 2016 - 11:59am
- oldviolin - May 29, 2016 - 11:50am
What Makes You Laugh?
- oldviolin - May 29, 2016 - 11:33am
Try something different.
- rhahl - May 29, 2016 - 11:18am
What Did You See Today?
- Antigone - May 29, 2016 - 11:03am
- oldviolin - May 29, 2016 - 10:37am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - May 29, 2016 - 10:34am
Using the cache on an Android Phone
- BillG - May 29, 2016 - 10:32am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - May 29, 2016 - 8:55am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- Beaker - May 29, 2016 - 7:45am
- olivertwist - May 29, 2016 - 6:45am
Back To The 50's
- rhahl - May 29, 2016 - 6:14am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- Skydog - May 29, 2016 - 6:10am
Back to Last Tuesday
- Coaxial - May 29, 2016 - 6:10am
The Prince topic
- Skydog - May 29, 2016 - 6:04am
What did you have for lunch?
- Skydog - May 29, 2016 - 5:47am
- Kaw - May 29, 2016 - 3:35am
Radio Paradise Comments
- Alexandra - May 28, 2016 - 10:03pm
- Rod - May 28, 2016 - 7:55pm
Mixtape Culture Club
- Lazy8 - May 28, 2016 - 7:25pm
Celebrity Face Recognition
- DaveInVA - May 28, 2016 - 5:11pm
RP3 Beta Player
- BillG - May 28, 2016 - 3:34pm
The End of Europe
- rotekz - May 28, 2016 - 6:29am
Post your underwear
- BlueHeronDruid - May 27, 2016 - 11:57pm
Australia has Disappeared
- R_P - May 27, 2016 - 7:18pm
Tech & Science
- R_P - May 27, 2016 - 7:12pm
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- DaveInVA - May 27, 2016 - 6:26pm
Back to back
- haresfur - May 27, 2016 - 5:37pm
RIP Ray Charles
- oldviolin - May 27, 2016 - 5:30pm
Last gas price paid?
- islander - May 27, 2016 - 5:28pm
- rhahl - May 27, 2016 - 5:18pm
Back to the 60's
- Skydog - May 27, 2016 - 4:32pm
Back to the 40's
- R_P - May 27, 2016 - 3:49pm
Back To 1969
- buddy - May 27, 2016 - 2:47pm
- westslope - May 27, 2016 - 2:22pm
Regarding the whole artist royalty fee thing
- westslope - May 27, 2016 - 2:10pm
Maps • Google • GeoGuessr
- ScottFromWyoming - May 27, 2016 - 1:55pm
This is Odd, Gross and a good excuse to be late for work
- miamizsun - May 27, 2016 - 1:12pm
Oklahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- sunybuny - May 27, 2016 - 10:52am
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes.
- KurtfromLaQuinta - May 27, 2016 - 10:44am
- mrtuba9 - May 27, 2016 - 9:52am
Random Solutions - Random Advice
- Proclivities - May 27, 2016 - 9:31am
Things You Thought Today
- oldviolin - May 27, 2016 - 9:27am
Background for a quiet dinner party
- Proclivities - May 27, 2016 - 9:25am
kurtster's ear candy emporium
- miamizsun - May 27, 2016 - 8:21am
HALF A WORLD
- miamizsun - May 27, 2016 - 5:14am
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- Skydog - May 27, 2016 - 4:06am
- rotekz - May 27, 2016 - 12:14am
- oldviolin - May 26, 2016 - 6:18pm
- haresfur - May 26, 2016 - 4:17pm
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - May 26, 2016 - 4:15pm
- triskele - May 26, 2016 - 3:53pm
song about an arsonist
- haresfur - May 26, 2016 - 3:19pm
Make me a stereo system! (poof!!)
- DaveInVA - May 26, 2016 - 2:44pm
What are you listening to now?
- Steely_D - May 26, 2016 - 1:42pm
You might be getting old if......
- Prodigal_SOB - May 26, 2016 - 11:44am
I don't think they know what that word means...
- Proclivities - May 26, 2016 - 10:45am
What Did You Do Today?
- DaveInVA - May 26, 2016 - 8:49am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Me and Dead Steve
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.