Caretakers Of Our Parents
- Alexandra - Aug 30, 2015 - 10:28am
- RichardPrins - Aug 30, 2015 - 10:04am
How's the weather?
- Alexandra - Aug 30, 2015 - 10:02am
- RichardPrins - Aug 30, 2015 - 9:47am
- RichardPrins - Aug 30, 2015 - 9:13am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- islander - Aug 30, 2015 - 8:12am
Name My Band
- Red_Dragon - Aug 30, 2015 - 7:02am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Aug 30, 2015 - 6:30am
- Proclivities - Aug 30, 2015 - 5:50am
If not RP, what are you listening to right now?
- sirdroseph - Aug 30, 2015 - 5:46am
- sirdroseph - Aug 30, 2015 - 5:34am
The Dragons' Roost
- sirdroseph - Aug 30, 2015 - 5:10am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - Aug 30, 2015 - 5:10am
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- BlueHeronDruid - Aug 30, 2015 - 3:03am
- haresfur - Aug 30, 2015 - 1:06am
- RichardPrins - Aug 29, 2015 - 8:18pm
What Did You Do Today?
- haresfur - Aug 29, 2015 - 7:38pm
Politically Uncorrect News
- kurtster - Aug 29, 2015 - 7:24pm
- JrzyTmata - Aug 29, 2015 - 5:54pm
Florida Hurricane preparedness
- K_Love - Aug 29, 2015 - 4:55pm
Spambags on RP
- BillG - Aug 29, 2015 - 1:15pm
What makes you smile?
- triskele - Aug 29, 2015 - 12:37pm
- RichardPrins - Aug 29, 2015 - 12:21pm
Candidate Hillary Clinton
- RichardPrins - Aug 29, 2015 - 12:00pm
Freedom of speech?
- aflanigan - Aug 29, 2015 - 11:50am
Make Lily34 Laugh
- Steely_D - Aug 29, 2015 - 11:36am
- RichardPrins - Aug 29, 2015 - 8:58am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- triskele - Aug 29, 2015 - 8:52am
Radio Paradise Comments
- islander - Aug 29, 2015 - 8:50am
What's on SFW's PSD?
- Red_Dragon - Aug 29, 2015 - 7:23am
- bokey - Aug 29, 2015 - 6:42am
- sirdroseph - Aug 29, 2015 - 3:08am
- - Dec 31, 1969 - 4:00pm
HELP: STOP Monsanto
- kurtster - Aug 28, 2015 - 6:44pm
Things You Thought Today
- islander - Aug 28, 2015 - 6:08pm
Ask an Atheist
- RichardPrins - Aug 28, 2015 - 6:03pm
- swell_sailor - Aug 28, 2015 - 5:49pm
- RichardPrins - Aug 28, 2015 - 5:11pm
- RichardPrins - Aug 28, 2015 - 4:12pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- VV - Aug 28, 2015 - 2:31pm
The Image Post
- VV - Aug 28, 2015 - 2:20pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- Prodigal_SOB - Aug 28, 2015 - 2:07pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- BlueHeronDruid - Aug 28, 2015 - 1:25pm
File under the ultra cool tab
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Aug 28, 2015 - 12:58pm
- RichardPrins - Aug 28, 2015 - 12:34pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 28, 2015 - 12:33pm
Meetin' in the Ladies Room
- Alexandra - Aug 28, 2015 - 12:13pm
What Makes You Laugh?
- K_Love - Aug 28, 2015 - 11:02am
Delicacies: a..k.a.. the Gross Food forum
- Red_Dragon - Aug 28, 2015 - 10:43am
The House I Want (Today)
- sirdroseph - Aug 28, 2015 - 9:28am
Will you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- Red_Dragon - Aug 28, 2015 - 9:06am
- marko86 - Aug 28, 2015 - 7:39am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- Coaxial - Aug 28, 2015 - 6:40am
- BlueHeronDruid - Aug 27, 2015 - 9:13pm
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- RichardPrins - Aug 27, 2015 - 9:07pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 27, 2015 - 8:40pm
I Just Saw . . .
- bokey - Aug 27, 2015 - 8:26pm
Private messages in a public forum
- haresfur - Aug 27, 2015 - 5:19pm
Strange signs, marquees, billboards, etc.
- Red_Dragon - Aug 27, 2015 - 2:15pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- BillG - Aug 27, 2015 - 1:40pm
- kctomato - Aug 27, 2015 - 12:40pm
- Antigone - Aug 27, 2015 - 11:50am
- Proclivities - Aug 27, 2015 - 10:53am
Guantánamo Resorts & Other Fun Trips
- Red_Dragon - Aug 27, 2015 - 10:28am
What Did You See Today?
- ptooey - Aug 27, 2015 - 10:13am
Raisin' Hell in the Bluegrass! Lexington Meet-up Oct.19-21
- Alexandra - Aug 27, 2015 - 9:40am
Borders in RPHD photographs
- tomcool - Aug 27, 2015 - 9:22am
Borders in RPHD photographs
- tomcool - Aug 27, 2015 - 9:21am
- miamizsun - Aug 27, 2015 - 9:15am
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- Antigone - Aug 27, 2015 - 7:33am
Great guitar faces
- Proclivities - Aug 27, 2015 - 6:10am
Tech & Science
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 26, 2015 - 7:33pm
- haresfur - Aug 26, 2015 - 6:15pm
- bokey - Aug 26, 2015 - 4:08pm
What Makes You Sad?
- Antigone - Aug 26, 2015 - 2:56pm
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.