The war on Funk is over!
- rhahl - Aug 31, 2016 - 2:21pm
- Steely_D - Aug 31, 2016 - 2:11pm
- rhahl - Aug 31, 2016 - 2:02pm
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK!
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 31, 2016 - 1:48pm
The List of Reasons Why Schlabby Hates People
- BlueHeronDruid - Aug 31, 2016 - 1:29pm
Best Song Comments.
- Prodigal_SOB - Aug 31, 2016 - 1:16pm
Satanic Chants at Cake Concerts?
- Proclivities - Aug 31, 2016 - 12:51pm
- rhahl - Aug 31, 2016 - 12:19pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- Proclivities - Aug 31, 2016 - 12:17pm
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Proclivities - Aug 31, 2016 - 11:35am
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- Red_Dragon - Aug 31, 2016 - 11:04am
Crazy conspiracy theories
- Proclivities - Aug 31, 2016 - 10:36am
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 31, 2016 - 9:21am
Pictures you have taken of your feet. *snort*
- islander - Aug 31, 2016 - 9:19am
Unindicted felon: candidate Hillary Clinton
- kurtster - Aug 31, 2016 - 8:01am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- fractalv - Aug 31, 2016 - 7:40am
RP3 Beta Player
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 31, 2016 - 7:33am
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- K_Love - Aug 31, 2016 - 7:11am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Aug 31, 2016 - 7:06am
- black321 - Aug 31, 2016 - 6:30am
- oldviolin - Aug 31, 2016 - 6:29am
Graphs, Charts & Maps
- miamizsun - Aug 31, 2016 - 5:00am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- BillG - Aug 30, 2016 - 6:31pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- oldviolin - Aug 30, 2016 - 4:47pm
how do you feel right now?
- PoundPuppy - Aug 30, 2016 - 3:45pm
The Image Post
- islander - Aug 30, 2016 - 3:42pm
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what?
- kcar - Aug 30, 2016 - 1:09pm
Local Scandals, politics and news
- K_Love - Aug 30, 2016 - 1:04pm
- Prodigal_SOB - Aug 30, 2016 - 11:09am
Random Solutions - Random Advice
- Proclivities - Aug 30, 2016 - 9:39am
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- Red_Dragon - Aug 30, 2016 - 9:33am
What Makes You Laugh?
- K_Love - Aug 30, 2016 - 9:06am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 30, 2016 - 8:48am
What Did You Do Today?
- DaveInVA - Aug 30, 2016 - 8:12am
What do you snack on?
- lily34 - Aug 30, 2016 - 7:01am
- ColdMiser - Aug 30, 2016 - 3:21am
- ColdMiser - Aug 30, 2016 - 3:21am
- ColdMiser - Aug 30, 2016 - 3:20am
- ColdMiser - Aug 30, 2016 - 3:19am
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 29, 2016 - 10:20pm
What makes you smile?
- oldviolin - Aug 29, 2016 - 8:07pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- Antigone - Aug 29, 2016 - 4:03pm
- Red_Dragon - Aug 29, 2016 - 2:21pm
songs that ROCK!
- rhahl - Aug 29, 2016 - 2:20pm
- Steely_D - Aug 29, 2016 - 1:40pm
- westslope - Aug 29, 2016 - 10:39am
NASA & other news from space
- Red_Dragon - Aug 29, 2016 - 10:37am
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 29, 2016 - 10:32am
The moon is cheese
- Proclivities - Aug 29, 2016 - 9:28am
Rio Summer Olympics 2016
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 29, 2016 - 8:35am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Aug 29, 2016 - 6:33am
- Alexandra - Aug 28, 2016 - 9:30pm
Things You Thought Today
- islander - Aug 28, 2016 - 7:13pm
Back to the 90's
- rhahl - Aug 28, 2016 - 5:45pm
What Did You See Today?
- haresfur - Aug 28, 2016 - 3:56pm
Back to the 60's
- rhahl - Aug 28, 2016 - 2:49pm
What are you listening to now?
- SeriousLee - Aug 28, 2016 - 11:15am
What Are You Grateful For?
- triskele - Aug 28, 2016 - 10:16am
Name My Band
- Prodigal_SOB - Aug 28, 2016 - 9:18am
- SeriousLee - Aug 28, 2016 - 6:07am
Using the cache on an Android Phone
- ScottFromWyoming - Aug 28, 2016 - 4:13am
Tech & Science
- haresfur - Aug 27, 2016 - 9:20pm
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- Coaxial - Aug 27, 2016 - 7:27pm
Once upon a time...
- oldviolin - Aug 27, 2016 - 5:36pm
iOS latest update now cache does not fill completely
- BillG - Aug 27, 2016 - 4:25pm
Nederland / The Netherlands
- niek4data - Aug 27, 2016 - 3:58pm
- rmgman - Aug 27, 2016 - 1:58pm
You might be getting old if......
- SeriousLee - Aug 27, 2016 - 1:52pm
The Dragons' Roost
- Red_Dragon - Aug 27, 2016 - 1:27pm
RPHD Slideshow Forum
- tomcool - Aug 27, 2016 - 12:08pm
- Alexandra - Aug 27, 2016 - 12:06pm
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- islander - Aug 27, 2016 - 10:55am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- SeriousLee - Aug 27, 2016 - 10:20am
- Lazy8 - Aug 27, 2016 - 9:45am
Ask the Libertarian
- Lazy8 - Aug 26, 2016 - 10:30pm
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Slow but sure.
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.