- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 24, 2014 - 4:32am
Spambags on RP
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 24, 2014 - 4:29am
Reinstock '05 Link Repository
- amimim - Oct 24, 2014 - 3:17am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- fractalv - Oct 23, 2014 - 11:20pm
- kurtster - Oct 23, 2014 - 9:55pm
Things You Thought Today
- kurtster - Oct 23, 2014 - 9:32pm
Toys I Lusted For As A Child
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 23, 2014 - 9:13pm
Photos you have taken of yourself
- Coaxial - Oct 23, 2014 - 8:29pm
What makes you smile?
- Coaxial - Oct 23, 2014 - 8:20pm
Fix My Car
- Red_Dragon - Oct 23, 2014 - 8:08pm
- ojibwe - Oct 23, 2014 - 7:08pm
- triskele - Oct 23, 2014 - 6:57pm
Maps • Google • GeoGuessr
- thedoctork - Oct 23, 2014 - 6:47pm
F/S...............Nikon D4 Digital SLR Camera..........$1850
- abasaa - Oct 23, 2014 - 6:07pm
F/S Bose Lifestyle 525 ,535 Series II Entertainment System -
- abasaa - Oct 23, 2014 - 6:05pm
Make Lily34 Laugh
- FourFortyEight - Oct 23, 2014 - 6:00pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- winter - Oct 23, 2014 - 5:47pm
- kurtster - Oct 23, 2014 - 5:37pm
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- islander - Oct 23, 2014 - 5:37pm
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!)
- Prodigal_SOB - Oct 23, 2014 - 5:23pm
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- Coaxial - Oct 23, 2014 - 5:06pm
Make Jrzy Laugh
- Coaxial - Oct 23, 2014 - 4:47pm
Things I Saw Today...
- oldviolin - Oct 23, 2014 - 4:42pm
Stream audio skipping
- cbazinet - Oct 23, 2014 - 4:31pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 23, 2014 - 3:11pm
- miamizsun - Oct 23, 2014 - 2:25pm
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- BlueHeronDruid - Oct 23, 2014 - 2:02pm
Parents and Children
- lily34 - Oct 23, 2014 - 1:32pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- Coaxial - Oct 23, 2014 - 1:15pm
What Did You Do Today?
- DaveInVA - Oct 23, 2014 - 12:27pm
Celebrity Face Recognition
- lily34 - Oct 23, 2014 - 11:51am
RPeeps I miss.
- 2cats - Oct 23, 2014 - 10:27am
The House I Want (Today)
- cc_rider - Oct 23, 2014 - 9:58am
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- Proclivities - Oct 23, 2014 - 9:26am
oh boy CAKE!
- Proclivities - Oct 23, 2014 - 8:59am
Tech & Science
- DaveInVA - Oct 23, 2014 - 8:46am
What Makes You Laugh?
- kctomato - Oct 23, 2014 - 8:17am
- Proclivities - Oct 23, 2014 - 6:41am
- sirdroseph - Oct 23, 2014 - 3:59am
- haresfur - Oct 22, 2014 - 4:43pm
- RichardPrins - Oct 22, 2014 - 1:00pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- DaveInVA - Oct 22, 2014 - 12:57pm
What do you snack on?
- Proclivities - Oct 22, 2014 - 11:50am
For a Limited Time Only - Sales and Bargains
- Proclivities - Oct 22, 2014 - 11:19am
songs that ROCK!
- Sean-E-Sean - Oct 22, 2014 - 11:11am
Obama's Second Term
- sirdroseph - Oct 22, 2014 - 10:56am
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- Sean-E-Sean - Oct 22, 2014 - 10:51am
fortune cookies, says:
- Proclivities - Oct 22, 2014 - 10:24am
HALF A WORLD
- Prodigal_SOB - Oct 22, 2014 - 9:53am
Films you're excited about.
- miamizsun - Oct 22, 2014 - 9:50am
Movie quotes used as life's truisms
- aflanigan - Oct 22, 2014 - 9:32am
What do you want to drive?
- DaveInVA - Oct 22, 2014 - 9:30am
Little known information...maybe even facts
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2014 - 8:14am
- ScottN - Oct 22, 2014 - 8:01am
Dying for Halloween Music to start!
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2014 - 8:00am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2014 - 7:57am
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2014 - 7:55am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2014 - 7:51am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- DaveInVA - Oct 22, 2014 - 7:37am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Oct 22, 2014 - 6:31am
Where is the complant office?
- lily34 - Oct 22, 2014 - 6:14am
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone
- Red_Dragon - Oct 22, 2014 - 6:11am
- Proclivities - Oct 22, 2014 - 6:09am
How's the weather?
- sirdroseph - Oct 22, 2014 - 5:43am
• • • What Makes You Happy? • • •
- Alexandra - Oct 21, 2014 - 8:35pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 21, 2014 - 7:06pm
Please help! A friend is trying to become a member
- miamizsun - Oct 21, 2014 - 2:58pm
What is Humanity's best invention?
- Coaxial - Oct 21, 2014 - 2:56pm
Fantasy Football, anyone?
- Coaxial - Oct 21, 2014 - 2:45pm
First World Problems
- miamizsun - Oct 21, 2014 - 2:27pm
Will you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- buzz - Oct 21, 2014 - 2:16pm
• • • Clownstock • • •
- Proclivities - Oct 21, 2014 - 10:40am
- Steely_D - Oct 21, 2014 - 9:25am
Private messages in a public forum
- oldviolin - Oct 21, 2014 - 9:11am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- Red_Dragon - Oct 21, 2014 - 9:03am
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Nothing is fool-proof to a moderately proficient fool.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.