Name My Band
- oldviolin - Dec 9, 2013 - 5:23pm
Calling DIY'ers... in re: electrical wiring...
- kurtster - Dec 9, 2013 - 5:17pm
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2013 - 5:14pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- bokey - Dec 9, 2013 - 5:07pm
Make Meowie shoot milk out her nose
- oldviolin - Dec 9, 2013 - 4:52pm
- bokey - Dec 9, 2013 - 4:24pm
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Dec 9, 2013 - 3:40pm
Things You Thought Today
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2013 - 3:37pm
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2013 - 3:34pm
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- 2cats - Dec 9, 2013 - 3:30pm
- oldviolin - Dec 9, 2013 - 1:51pm
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK!
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2013 - 1:22pm
What's the 1 band/artist you love, that your friends don'...
- meower - Dec 9, 2013 - 12:58pm
Cool Stuff I Really Want
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2013 - 12:23pm
What Makes You Laugh?
- lily34 - Dec 9, 2013 - 11:36am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- gypsyman - Dec 9, 2013 - 11:23am
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- gypsyman - Dec 9, 2013 - 10:37am
Dreams - Tales from your sleep
- miamizsun - Dec 9, 2013 - 9:40am
Things that piss me off
- oldviolin - Dec 9, 2013 - 8:14am
~ Have a good joke you can post? ~
- Coaxial - Dec 9, 2013 - 8:02am
Ask the Libertarian
- rexi - Dec 9, 2013 - 7:45am
How's the weather?
- Coaxial - Dec 9, 2013 - 7:11am
Favorite Classical Music
- gypsyman - Dec 9, 2013 - 6:52am
- kurtster - Dec 9, 2013 - 6:31am
Talk Under Their Noses Forum
- Proclivities - Dec 9, 2013 - 6:00am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2013 - 4:56am
Calling all electricians/audio experts
- sirdroseph - Dec 9, 2013 - 4:40am
- oldviolin - Dec 8, 2013 - 5:03pm
Celebrity Face Recognition
- Red_Dragon - Dec 8, 2013 - 4:58pm
RIP Nelson Mandela
- winterlunacy - Dec 8, 2013 - 4:52pm
Spambags on RP
- winterlunacy - Dec 8, 2013 - 4:50pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Dec 8, 2013 - 4:28pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- bokey - Dec 8, 2013 - 3:38pm
Do-It-Yourself Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side Of The Moon W...
- winterlunacy - Dec 8, 2013 - 1:38pm
That time Morrissey and R.E.M.’s Michael Stipe met for tea
- winterlunacy - Dec 8, 2013 - 1:30pm
In Memoriam: John Lennon- Dec. 8th
- ErikX - Dec 8, 2013 - 1:18pm
What Are You Going To Do Today?
- JustineFromWyoming - Dec 8, 2013 - 1:09pm
- Alexandra - Dec 8, 2013 - 10:56am
- Alexandra - Dec 8, 2013 - 10:54am
- Steve - Dec 8, 2013 - 9:07am
- MsJudi - Dec 8, 2013 - 8:50am
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- swell_sailor - Dec 8, 2013 - 8:48am
What Did You Do Today?
- triskele - Dec 8, 2013 - 8:09am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - Dec 8, 2013 - 5:56am
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy
- Manbird - Dec 7, 2013 - 9:33pm
What makes you smile?
- Alexandra - Dec 7, 2013 - 5:57pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 7, 2013 - 5:36pm
how do you feel right now?
- helenofjoy - Dec 7, 2013 - 2:04pm
Those lovable NSA/GCHQ/CSEC/DGSE guys
- helenofjoy - Dec 7, 2013 - 1:39pm
- helenofjoy - Dec 7, 2013 - 1:10pm
Best Song Comments.
- ScottFromWyoming - Dec 7, 2013 - 12:21pm
NEWS OF THE WEIRD - or - "All the News to Pitch a Fi...
- bokey - Dec 7, 2013 - 10:26am
- Antigone - Dec 7, 2013 - 8:21am
- 2cats - Dec 7, 2013 - 5:41am
- Alexandra - Dec 7, 2013 - 5:35am
- Antigone - Dec 7, 2013 - 5:31am
Having PSD problems?
- stunix - Dec 7, 2013 - 3:46am
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge?
- kurtster - Dec 6, 2013 - 4:57pm
The Dragons' Roost
- triskele - Dec 6, 2013 - 4:30pm
Things that make you go Hmmmm.....
- lily34 - Dec 6, 2013 - 10:52am
Oklahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- 2cats - Dec 6, 2013 - 10:47am
- Red_Dragon - Dec 6, 2013 - 10:43am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Dec 6, 2013 - 9:28am
Make Lily34 Laugh
- kctomato - Dec 6, 2013 - 7:35am
- miamizsun - Dec 6, 2013 - 6:03am
- miamizsun - Dec 6, 2013 - 5:58am
Cloud Gazing (Photos You've Taken)
- Rod - Dec 5, 2013 - 11:46pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- Alchemist - Dec 5, 2013 - 11:13pm
Lyrics that strike a chord today...
- BlueHeronDruid - Dec 5, 2013 - 6:44pm
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- lily34 - Dec 5, 2013 - 8:43am
- 2cats - Dec 5, 2013 - 8:42am
Bought any new cds lately? Tell us about them...
- Proclivities - Dec 5, 2013 - 8:19am
*** PUNS *** BUGS
- Proclivities - Dec 5, 2013 - 7:22am
Epic Facebook Statuses
- lily34 - Dec 5, 2013 - 7:10am
- helenofjoy - Dec 5, 2013 - 4:47am
(a public service of RP)
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
I'm an L man; strictly liquor, love, and laughs.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.