- R_P - Mar 20, 2018 - 12:39pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 20, 2018 - 12:36pm
The Loft XM-50/Sirius-29
- natsthename - Mar 20, 2018 - 12:32pm
- R_P - Mar 20, 2018 - 12:26pm
kurtster's quiet vinyl
- kurtster - Mar 20, 2018 - 11:56am
Those lovable acronym guys & gals
- R_P - Mar 20, 2018 - 11:56am
Radio Paradise Comments
- milleronic - Mar 20, 2018 - 11:00am
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- ptooey - Mar 20, 2018 - 10:33am
- Red_Dragon - Mar 20, 2018 - 10:28am
Back to the 00's
- rhahl - Mar 20, 2018 - 9:34am
- rhahl - Mar 20, 2018 - 9:22am
Counting with Pictures
- Proclivities - Mar 20, 2018 - 9:12am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ...
- fractalv - Mar 20, 2018 - 8:54am
- rhahl - Mar 20, 2018 - 8:11am
How's the weather?
- Antigone - Mar 20, 2018 - 7:32am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- BillG - Mar 20, 2018 - 7:12am
- Beaker - Mar 20, 2018 - 6:16am
- steeler - Mar 20, 2018 - 5:52am
Marijuana: Baked News.
- R_P - Mar 19, 2018 - 8:39pm
A motivational quote
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 19, 2018 - 7:50pm
Mr Peabody's Coal Train Broke
- boltonblue242 - Mar 19, 2018 - 5:21pm
Do People Really Get What They Deserve?
- boltonblue242 - Mar 19, 2018 - 4:52pm
Tech & Science
- R_P - Mar 19, 2018 - 4:24pm
RP Daily Trivia Challenge
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 19, 2018 - 3:09pm
- Antigone - Mar 19, 2018 - 3:07pm
Things that make you cautiously optimistic
- meower - Mar 19, 2018 - 3:02pm
- miamizsun - Mar 19, 2018 - 2:42pm
The Global War on Terror
- miamizsun - Mar 19, 2018 - 2:10pm
- miamizsun - Mar 19, 2018 - 2:01pm
- R_P - Mar 19, 2018 - 12:33pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 19, 2018 - 12:32pm
You're doing it wrong!
- JrzyTmata - Mar 19, 2018 - 11:16am
What are you listening to now?
- ccbling - Mar 19, 2018 - 9:14am
- boltonblue242 - Mar 19, 2018 - 9:00am
- boltonblue242 - Mar 19, 2018 - 8:45am
Online Catalog for Clothing - Your Fav?
- boltonblue242 - Mar 19, 2018 - 8:15am
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- helenofjoy - Mar 19, 2018 - 7:13am
Celebrity Face Recognition
- boltonblue242 - Mar 18, 2018 - 11:19pm
- R_P - Mar 18, 2018 - 10:36pm
What Did You See Today?
- islander - Mar 18, 2018 - 9:49pm
BACK TO THE 80's
- R_P - Mar 18, 2018 - 9:29pm
wouldn't it be nice?
- kctomato - Mar 18, 2018 - 9:24pm
- R_P - Mar 18, 2018 - 8:09pm
Name My Band
- R_P - Mar 18, 2018 - 7:47pm
Things You Thought Today
- islander - Mar 18, 2018 - 7:26pm
- R_P - Mar 18, 2018 - 6:38pm
What makes you smile?
- Antigone - Mar 18, 2018 - 4:31pm
BillyGee's Greatest Segues
- SeriousLee - Mar 18, 2018 - 3:20pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- boltonblue242 - Mar 18, 2018 - 2:54pm
- R_P - Mar 18, 2018 - 2:40pm
Back to the 10's
- rhahl - Mar 18, 2018 - 2:32pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- Manbird - Mar 18, 2018 - 2:16pm
Those Lovable Policemen
- R_P - Mar 18, 2018 - 1:30pm
- rhahl - Mar 18, 2018 - 1:24pm
- SeriousLee - Mar 18, 2018 - 9:40am
- miamizsun - Mar 18, 2018 - 8:44am
Thanks for the Roy Buchanan I heard a few days ago...have...
- Franki5440 - Mar 18, 2018 - 8:27am
The war on Funk is over!
- R_P - Mar 17, 2018 - 10:05pm
More reggae, less Marley please
- R_P - Mar 17, 2018 - 9:35pm
- R_P - Mar 17, 2018 - 9:03pm
Fear of Flying
- boltonblue242 - Mar 17, 2018 - 8:28pm
- R_P - Mar 17, 2018 - 3:19pm
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - Mar 17, 2018 - 12:25pm
St. Patrick's Day
- Antigone - Mar 17, 2018 - 10:53am
Human Rights (Can Science Point The Way)
- miamizsun - Mar 17, 2018 - 8:55am
What Makes You Laugh?
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 16, 2018 - 2:23pm
Today in History
- aflanigan - Mar 16, 2018 - 12:48pm
FLAC and AAC streams different after some time ???
- SeriousLee - Mar 16, 2018 - 12:33pm
Out of context
- Proclivities - Mar 16, 2018 - 9:26am
songs that ROCK!
- rhahl - Mar 16, 2018 - 8:41am
Play the Blues
- rhahl - Mar 16, 2018 - 8:34am
- sirdroseph - Mar 16, 2018 - 8:05am
- miamizsun - Mar 16, 2018 - 7:36am
RP App for Android
- BillG - Mar 16, 2018 - 7:17am
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge?
- miamizsun - Mar 16, 2018 - 7:14am
Radio Paradise/General »
General Discussion »
Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles east of Paradise
Aug 24, 2013 - 8:20am
Just putting this here because I couldn't find a better place....
Six Tips on Writing from John Steinbeck
1.Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
2.Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
3.Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
4.If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
5.Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
6.If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
“If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life.
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Feb 21, 2013 - 10:04am
Tiny starry dynamo. Hothouse orchid. In the penumbra.
Location: the one hundred eightieth meridian
May 31, 2006 - 2:31pm
Anti-publishing-scam site shut down by "agent"
A site that tracked scam artists running predatory self-publishing outfits has been shut down following a complaint to its ISP.
Absolute Write is one of the leading sites for information on publishing, including scam-debunking, and it did a very good job, too. Then Barbara Bauer, an "agent" whom the site had criticized, called up the site's ISP, Nashville's JC-Hosting, and invented a bogus Digital Millennium Copyright Claim. She told the ISP that Absolute Write had exposed her to spam by publishing her email address and that this was illegal and that the ISP had to shut down the site or be liable. This is not illegal, and it's not a DMCA claim. The ISP shut down Absolute Write anyway.
A week later, the ISP has not reinstated the site, and they are refusing to hand over Absolute Write's database so they can put the site back up somewhere else.