[ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Log in above to post your comment
Grammarcop
(A place with fresh water and great beer)
Posted: Jun 03, 2018 18:02
 

Play six notes. Repeat. 
dwhayslett
(Raleigh, NC)
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 9:06
 

 idiot_wind wrote:
He does it so well, and often...ya almost think that he's following a formula.

But that would make this band: formulaic, monotonic, boring, and predictable.  
Ooops! 
 
You probably haven't noticed how well this describes your posts.  Except for the part about "so well".
kcar
Posted: Jun 14, 2017 13:07
 

 ppopp wrote:
This is the very worst voice ever to make it to record.

 

Perhaps, but Billy dances so well. For a cat. 

gif of hairless cat getting up on legs while on bed
lizardking
(700 miles north of Paradise)
Posted: Apr 14, 2017 12:12
 

 Stephen_Phillips wrote:
I just had a moment of deja vu hearing this - or more correctly a feeling of listening to a bygone era.  Their music now sounds 'dated' and 'of its time' with the benefit of hindsight. Life moves on imperceptibly and it takes a about 20 years time gap to realise that was then and this is now.

 
Simalar feeling here, this album came out the year I graduated HS and started college.  I was not so much a SP fan, or grunge at all (hard being in Seattle and not liking grunge) and like you say, I can completely feel that it 20+ years old now. I think I like it somewhat now for nostalgic reasons and not so much cuz I actually like the music all of a sudden.  Weird feeling actually.  
Stephen_Phillips
(Hillsborough, Northern Ireland)
Posted: Jan 09, 2017 5:44
 

I just had a moment of deja vu hearing this - or more correctly a feeling of listening to a bygone era.  Their music now sounds 'dated' and 'of its time' with the benefit of hindsight. Life moves on imperceptibly and it takes a about 20 years time gap to realise that was then and this is now.
jkamm14
(NJ, USA)
Posted: Jan 09, 2017 5:39
 

 Flip_flops wrote:
haunJ wrote:

I don't mind the Pumpkins however I have to agree old Billy has that nasal sound perfected.

 
Pish

 
Gish!
ppopp
(Portland, Oregon)
Posted: May 06, 2016 16:39
 

Only the singers with Counting Crows and Coldplay sound worse than Billy Corgan.
Flip_flops
(texas)
Posted: Apr 16, 2016 18:20
 

haunJ wrote:

I don't mind the Pumpkins however I have to agree old Billy has that nasal sound perfected.

 
Pish
Crumblebum
Posted: Feb 01, 2016 7:39
 

 idiot_wind wrote:
Ohhhhh, feel the pain!

Feel the angst!!!

Feel the torture!

Feel the despair!

He does it so well, and often...ya almost think that he's following a formula.

But that would make this band: formulaic, monotonic, boring, and predictable.  
Ooops! 

 

 
Amen...and again: some Dinosaur Jr to balance this pumkin proclivity puhleeease?
ShaunJ
(Tsawwassen, BC)
Posted: Nov 30, 2015 10:51
 

 ppopp wrote:
This is the very worst voice ever to make it to record.

 
I don't mind the Pumpkins however I have to agree old Billy has that nasal sound perfected.
Shuggy1962
(Oshawa,Ontario. Canada)
Posted: Sep 28, 2015 20:44
 

Just enjoy the music.
 
bc
(It's everything. Location, Location, Location.)
Posted: Sep 25, 2015 15:23
 

 idiot_wind wrote:
Ohhhhh, feel the pain!

Feel the angst!!!

Feel the torture!

Feel the despair!

He does it so well, and often...ya almost think that he's following a formula.

But that would make this band: formulaic, monotonic, boring, and predictable.  
Ooops! 

 

 

No, if there were a formula, then it would be reproducible by another band.
As long as there's no other band that sounds the same with the same initials...

Smashing Pickups?
Silversun Pumpkins? 

Nope.  Neither of those bands exist, so it can't be formulaic, monotonic, boring, and predictable.  
You left out irritating.  
 
twoplain2sea
(After the gold rush by my friend Amphion.)
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 12:19
 

excellent Lyrics.
idiot_wind
Posted: Aug 28, 2015 12:17
 

Ohhhhh, feel the pain!

Feel the angst!!!

Feel the torture!

Feel the despair!

He does it so well, and often...ya almost think that he's following a formula.

But that would make this band: formulaic, monotonic, boring, and predictable.  
Ooops! 

 
tonypf
(Honolulu)
Posted: Apr 24, 2015 16:49
 

 jhorton wrote:
Well, it's true that nobody can ever be as brilliant as Billy thinks he is, but songs like this make me think that he is, in fact, PRETTY FREAKING BRILLIANT!

 
You got a point there.
stegokitty
(tree)
Posted: Mar 20, 2015 15:17
 

Nicely put-together recording.
Billy's voice in this song sounds a little like he's in front of a fan ..."Lo, lo, lee, lo, Luuuuuke, I am your fahhhh-thahhhh!" 
ppopp
(Portland, Oregon)
Posted: Mar 20, 2015 15:16
 

This is the very worst voice ever to make it to record.
jhorton
(Trailer Park on Cape Cod)
Posted: Dec 19, 2014 17:05
 

Well, it's true that nobody can ever be as brilliant as Billy thinks he is, but songs like this make me think that he is, in fact, PRETTY FREAKING BRILLIANT!
Lazarus
(Bethany)
Posted: Oct 14, 2014 21:34
 

 Cynaera wrote:

My friend, I hate that people provoke you into defending yourself, but man, if backed into a corner, you rock.  When the end of the world comes, I want you in my tribe. *hugs you*

And yeah - this song is really good. My ears are happy ears. {#Daisy}
 
miss you so much, Cynaera...

everybody in my alien space craft truly loves this song...
nightmann
(kennewick, wa)
Posted: May 14, 2014 20:06
 

does that guy have adenoid problem?