[ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Log in above to post your comment
ziakut
(Beyond Becoming)
Posted: Dec 10, 2013 - 10:55
 

The distortion is tasty. Thank you, Aimee.

msymmes
(Toronto, CA)
Posted: Dec 10, 2013 - 10:55
 

What an opening line !  

grant
Posted: May 03, 2013 - 11:25
 

this rocks . . . and an appropriate use of a naughty word . . . it works in this context

d48m02h1918
Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 08:06
 

Hell Fu**ing YES, this is a great song from a great album.....ooops, did I offend your plastic ears with my language??

So terribly sorry....... {#Devil_pimp} 

JHZ
(between Clark and Hilldale)
Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 13:41
 

I suggest someone upload Monty Python's "I bet you they won't play this song on the radio" so Bill can play it after every song that makes people worry about the airwaves and their children's ears being polluted with dirty words.
 

tutakea wrote:
the discussion about the "lord voldemort"-word (f-bombs - omg what does THAT mean!) is simply ridiculous. sometimes i think we´re going backwards in time. just like mccarthy is looming round the corner... frightening, that is!

so thank you aimee for using these words... alas, the song itself is quite ininspired and simply boring

 
and a little quote to go along with this:
"Old lady judges watch people in pairs
Limited in sex, they dare
To push fake morals, insult and stare
While money doesn’t talk, it swears
Obscenity, who really cares
Propaganda, all is phony"



Poacher
(Brighton, UK)
Posted: Dec 29, 2012 - 05:16
 

 ncollingridge wrote:
Great song, but this sounds to me like a very low bitrate MP3 (or a badly encoded one) judging by the "tizz" on the cymbals.
 
and introducing. . . Fuzz on Guitar

dachter1love
Posted: Jun 23, 2012 - 15:19
 

Can this be more produced? Yuck.

ncollingridge
(Knebworth, UK)
Posted: Jan 16, 2012 - 21:30
 

Great song, but this sounds to me like a very low bitrate MP3 (or a badly encoded one) judging by the "tizz" on the cymbals.

tutakea
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 - 10:06
 

the discussion about the "lord voldemort"-word (f-bombs - omg what does THAT mean!) is simply ridiculous. sometimes i think we´re going backwards in time. just like mccarthy is looming round the corner... frightening, that is!

so thank you aimee for using these words... alas, the song itself is quite ininspired and simply boring


twirledpiece
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 - 10:01
 

All for freedom of speech, but some of you haven't experienced the shock of your 10-yr old experimenting with these words for the first time. Good luck to you! Thanks RP for playing this on school time.

rushed
(Edwardsville, IL)
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 - 09:56
 

My all time favorite Aimee song!!!!!

MojoJojo
(Indianapolis, IN USA)
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 - 09:56
 

 scrubbrush wrote:
hooray for bad words!
 
Fuuuuuudge!


scrubbrush
(Sea of Calm)
Posted: Jul 11, 2011 - 16:25
 

hooray for bad words!

ziakut
(A place with air, water and chocolate.)
Posted: Apr 07, 2011 - 18:57
 

The lesser known tune from a great album of the 90s. My hat is tipped to Aimee.

adamdbenson
(CA->IL)
Posted: Apr 07, 2011 - 18:57
 

tappin' my toe

84MacGuy
(Portland, Oregon)
Posted: Mar 07, 2011 - 07:29
 

One of the great albums of the 90s.  And the title was pretty clever too.

scraig
(Santa Barbara, CA)
Posted: Nov 01, 2010 - 09:45
 

Bill, why does Aimee get to say 'F-ed it up' without censorship but Mumford is not allowed to in 'Little Lion Man.' I am just calling for a little equality here.

Netto
(Khimki, Russia)
Posted: Aug 29, 2010 - 18:46
 

I'm very much love Aimee, but this disc is not for me, except for this track. By the way, she will be a concert Sept. 13. in Minneapolis, envy those who go in advance


Cynaera
(South of Neanderthal)
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 - 18:47
 

I am SO laughing here - her second word was the "F-Bomb." God, I adore this woman. And the song is just wonderful. Long live Aimee Mann... (and how I would LOVE to see her and Jennifer Trynin in concert together...) Everything I'm Cracked Up to Be



Frater_Kork
(Uppsala, Sweden)
Posted: May 26, 2010 - 01:40
 

 j7 wrote:
It saddens me deeply how unevolved humans actually are when they're still offended by the use of powerful words in artistic and emotional expression. Political correctness is fucking dull.
It's no wonder we're in this mess.
 
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg put it rather succinctly a while ago. ;)
http://www.theonion.com/articles/supreme-court-upholds-freedom-of-speech-in-obsceni,17372/
(yes, it's satire...)

lmic
(Harmless Little Bunny)
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 - 17:55
 

Don't we have bigger things to worry about than the (let it be said, artful) use of a profanity in a rock song? Sheesh. I think I just heard George Carlin turn over in his grave.

sirdroseph
(Outer Mongolia)
Posted: Dec 19, 2009 - 07:49
 

 Old_Pat wrote:
To all you folks who complained about the lyrics because it was inappropriate for your work place:
turn the fucking radio off and go back to work. Isn't that what someone is paying you to do?

 

{#Clap}


j7
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 - 10:57
 

It saddens me deeply how unevolved humans actually are when they're still offended by the use of powerful words in artistic and emotional expression. Political correctness is fucking dull.
It's no wonder we're in this mess.

MiMa
(Düsseldorf, Germany)
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 - 10:50
 

 buddyweiser wrote:
{#Music} those who don't like this song just because of a few fuck here and there are just narrow minded puritains,
         just change station you dumb ass.  

 
{#High-five}


buddyweiser
(San Sombrero)
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 21:16
 

{#Music} those who don't like this song just because of a few fuck here and there are just narrow minded puritains,
         just change station you dumb ass.  


jbunniii
(San Jose, CA)
Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 21:15
 

"F-bomb"?  What are you guys, eleven years old?  "Fuck" is a perfectly good and old Saxon word, deriving from the Middle Dutch, "fokken" (to thrust, copulate with).  This song, however, is not perfectly good.

RadioDoc
(Chicagoland)
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 - 18:01
 

 asocash wrote:
, OK - OK - I see your point....no, I do not want to see the FCC get their claws into Bill...jeesh....but sometimes I get the feeling that Bill plays stuff like this with a wink just to illicit those "ever intriguing listener comments"......I have to admit, it was kind of fun to see all of the hubbub my comments caused....
Anyway, when I wrote that, it was the third time in a week where it was played & the timing couldn't have been worse....we have RP streaming all through the house and outdoors....which leads to the mad dash to turn it down...because, yes, it is true - I don't particularly want to listen to that with my 6 year old ...or my Mom.... so it is a small inconvenience for me for all of good that RP brings to the airwaves...which is priceless.

 
Suggestion:  Explain to your six year old what free artistic expression is and why it is important that prudes and cultural fascists not be allowed to suppress art.  Then explain to us why your six year old should care that "fuck" is used in song lyrics unless someone has made it a big deal already.

If your mom is offended, then maybe you should have the same discussion with her.

Nothing like a good, honest family conversation to help cleanse what looks to be a nasty Puritanical streak running through your life.

Maybe you should stick to NPR.


jgeyer
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 - 14:38
 

 asocash wrote:
There's just no reason to play the f-bombs when kids are listening or people are listening at work....come on Bill...

 
Well... fuck you.


Old_Pat
(Belgium)
Posted: Feb 06, 2009 - 12:04
 

To all you folks who complained about the lyrics because it was inappropriate for your work place:
turn the fucking radio off and go back to work. Isn't that what someone is paying you to do?


Stave
(San Francisco)
Posted: Feb 06, 2009 - 12:03
 

av-com wrote:


Well, that's very, very sad.


WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

kylemichael
(Northern Virginia)
Posted: Feb 06, 2009 - 12:02
 

 ChrisL wrote:


What time of day was that.  And in which timezone?  Following your logic, RP should only play sanitised versions of songs because someone, somewhere around the world, might have RP playing at work or in their living room with their pre-school children.

Fuck it, it's only a word describing a totally necessary biological act! {#Frustrated}
 
1. That's what headphones are for.

2. The FCC hasn't gotten their claws into internet radio yet, thank god. I'm sure someday they'll try to save our precious ears from this material, but then the servers streaming the music will only move to another jurisdiction.


Tim_in_N_FL
(Florida)
Posted: Feb 06, 2009 - 12:01
 

Thanks Bill...big fan of Aimee Mann's work!  {#Dancingbanana}

kylemichael
(Northern Virginia)
Posted: Feb 06, 2009 - 12:00
 

"You fucked it up"

Awesome opening to a song.

ChrisL
(Directly above the centre of the earth (give or take a gravitational anomaly or two))
Posted: Dec 05, 2008 - 06:26
 

 asocash wrote:
I don't think so..."F-bombs" go too far for me at this time of day IMHO...many of us are listening at work.
 

What time of day was that.  And in which timezone?  Following your logic, RP should only play sanitised versions of songs because someone, somewhere around the world, might have RP playing at work or in their living room with their pre-school children.

Fuck it, it's only a word describing a totally necessary biological act! {#Frustrated}

spunkyboy62
(Grand Rapids, MI)
Posted: Dec 05, 2008 - 06:22
 

 RadioDoc wrote:

It is, way wicked. Anxiously awaiting her next stop in Chicago.
 
Second this.  Saw her in Ann Arbor at her Christmas show and my only regret was not seeing and hearing enough of her.


Shamsiel
Posted: Dec 05, 2008 - 06:20
 

For everyone thats not living in denial of basic human reproductive procedures, its refreshing with a uncencured radio, isnt it!? {#Dance}

Chi_Guy
(Chicago)
Posted: Dec 05, 2008 - 06:20
 

 On_The_Beach wrote:
Aimee can do no wrong.
One of her many trés cool songs.
 
Ditto.


greg6494
(St. Louis)
Posted: Dec 05, 2008 - 06:19
 

<— waiting for the litany of f-bomb comments!



av-com
Posted: Sep 01, 2008 - 14:33
 

 asocash wrote:
No, I am not kidding
av-com wrote:


Are you kidding?! {#Think}

 

Well, that's very, very sad.

av-com
Posted: Sep 01, 2008 - 14:31
 

 asocash wrote:
There's just no reason to play this when kids are awake or people are listening at work....come on Bill...
 

Are you kidding?! {#Think} 

element1
(boulder, co)
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 - 09:42
 


One of her very best.

Let's hear the live take from St. Anne's... twice the grit and power.
EssexTex
(Riding the range)
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 - 10:36
 

Love the "Squeeze" riff in the middle...
Grammarcop
(Hey, I can see Canada from here!)
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 - 13:39
 

Good timing, Bill. My kids were out of the room.
raga
(Italy - Como)
Posted: Nov 23, 2007 - 03:51
 

Aimee ROCKS!!!

rbigelo
(Spanish Town)
Posted: Jul 04, 2007 - 21:35
 

Aimee Man fan since 'til Tuesday ... her music is just fabulous!
Mari
(île de lesvos)
Posted: May 18, 2007 - 17:53
 

Kerly wrote:
Catchy


Kerly
(Estonia)
Posted: May 03, 2007 - 04:06
 

Catchy
bokey
(Filialville)
Posted: Apr 01, 2007 - 13:19
 

On_The_Beach wrote:
Aimee can do no wrong.
One of her many trés cool songs.



Oh yes she can,just not now.

She is a serious artist and does have some not so great moments.

I'd still take her throwaways over a lot of peoples stuff.
FamilyMan
(Continent's edge)
Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 08:30
 

brandog wrote:
Aimee fuckin' rules!

(hey, if she can sing it, I can write it.)

Decay - right in front of our eyes. Slippery slope, camel's nose under the tent - see above. (He's with Stupid).

Anyway, I never thought myself to be a prig, but I don't much care to have employees and customers hear vulgerities in the office.

From now on, I'm on "Long Shot" volume alert. Too bad.
RadioDoc
(Chicagoland)
Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 08:14
 

slowhand wrote:
Bet this is wicked live!

It is, way wicked.

Anxiously awaiting her next stop in Chicago.